Cedar Rock's Livability
About Cedar Rock, NC
Cedar Rock, NC is located in Caldwell County in the state of North Carolina.
The total City Population for Cedar Rock is about 305 with about 96 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $339,964, which is roughly 53% higher than the Average Home Value of $159,475 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 44% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $61,490, which is roughly 19% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $49,737 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 6% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.42
Male Population Estimate: 55.4%
Female Population Estimate: 44.6%
Median Age: 47.4
Male Median Age: 41.0
Female Median Age: 43.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Cedar Rock specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Caldwell County: About 5.76522 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Caldwell County: About 168.599 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Caldwell County is about 31% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 41% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Cedar Rock is about 0.7%.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Cajahs Mountain, NC ( 4.15 mi. )
- Cajahs Mtn, NC ( 4.15 mi. )
- Laytown, NC ( 4.15 mi. )
- Lenoir, NC ( 4.40 mi. )
- Valmead, NC ( 4.48 mi. )
- Kings Creek, NC ( 4.63 mi. )
- Broyhill Furniture, NC ( 4.97 mi. )
- Joyceton, NC ( 5.94 mi. )
- Happy Valley, NC ( 6.42 mi. )
- Warrior, NC ( 6.44 mi. )
- Hudson, NC ( 6.79 mi. )
- Patterson, NC ( 7.05 mi. )
- Dudley Shoals, NC ( 7.17 mi. )
- Sawmills, NC ( 8.84 mi. )
- Little River, NC ( 9.30 mi. )
- Grace Chapel, NC ( 9.49 mi. )
- Gamewell, NC ( 9.53 mi. )
- Ellendale, NC ( 10.08 mi. )
- Baton, NC ( 10.26 mi. )
- Granite Falls, NC ( 10.30 mi. )
- Ferguson, NC ( 11.03 mi. )
- Rhodhizz, NC ( 11.81 mi. )
- Collettsville, NC ( 12.14 mi. )
- Rhodhiss, NC ( 12.19 mi. )
- Champion, NC ( 12.35 mi. )
- Denny, NC ( 12.35 mi. )
- Hendrix, NC ( 12.35 mi. )
- Darby, NC ( 12.44 mi. )
- Bethlehem, NC ( 12.63 mi. )
- Lenoir Rhyne, NC ( 13.17 mi. )
- Longview, NC ( 13.17 mi. )
- View Mont, NC ( 13.17 mi. )
- Connelly Springs, NC ( 13.19 mi. )
- Rutherford College, NC ( 13.81 mi. )
- Rutherfrd Clg, NC ( 13.83 mi. )
- Rutherfrd Col, NC ( 13.83 mi. )
- Valdese, NC ( 14.18 mi. )
- Boomer, NC ( 14.28 mi. )
- All Healing Springs, NC ( 14.56 mi. )
- Kilby, NC ( 14.56 mi. )
- Liledown, NC ( 14.56 mi. )
- Paynes Store, NC ( 14.56 mi. )
- Icard, NC ( 15.07 mi. )
- Brown Mountain Beach, NC ( 15.19 mi. )
- Drexel, NC ( 15.40 mi. )
- Hildebran, NC ( 15.70 mi. )
- Long View, NC ( 15.85 mi. )
- Upton, NC ( 15.86 mi. )
- Hickory, NC ( 15.92 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 28645
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1312.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 828