About Cashiers, NC
Cashiers, NC is located in Jackson County in the state of North Carolina.
The total City Population for Cashiers is about 659 with about 69 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $277,600, which is roughly 34% higher than the Average Home Value of $182,702 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 22% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $73,510, which is roughly 22% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $57,244 for the state of North Carolina, and roughly 12% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.20
Male Population Estimate: 51.3%
Female Population Estimate: 48.7%
Median Age: 60.4
Male Median Age: 47.1
Female Median Age: 54.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Cashiers specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Jackson County: About 3.38245 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Jackson County: About 214.273 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Jackson County is about 14% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 26% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
North Carolina is ranked #52 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 6.19 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 5.06
The average living wage for the state of North Carolina is $31.26/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives North Carolina a minimum wage score of 6.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives North Carolina a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for North Carolina is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 5.29 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X North Carolina does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ North Carolina does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X North Carolina does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X North Carolina does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid family leave.
X North Carolina does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X North Carolina does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X North Carolina does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X North Carolina does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X North Carolina does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X North Carolina does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ North Carolina does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X North Carolina does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X North Carolina does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X North Carolina does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
X North Carolina does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
X North Carolina does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X North Carolina does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Glenville, NC ( 4.81 mi. )
- Sapphire, NC ( 5.32 mi. )
- Highlands, NC ( 6.75 mi. )
- Erastus, NC ( 7.73 mi. )
- Lake Toxaway, NC ( 9.38 mi. )
- Tuckasegee, NC ( 11.40 mi. )
- Ellijay, NC ( 11.42 mi. )
- Higdonville, NC ( 12.46 mi. )
- Speedwell, NC ( 13.30 mi. )
- Cullasaja, NC ( 13.42 mi. )
- East Laport, NC ( 13.81 mi. )
- Scaly Mtn, NC ( 13.97 mi. )
- Scaly Mountain, NC ( 14.01 mi. )
- Cullowhee, NC ( 14.81 mi. )
- Balsam Grove, NC ( 15.20 mi. )
- Mountain Rest, SC ( 15.57 mi. )
- Sky Valley, GA ( 15.72 mi. )
- Rosman, NC ( 15.88 mi. )
- Prentiss, NC ( 15.95 mi. )
- East Franklin, NC ( 16.14 mi. )
- Tamassee, SC ( 16.20 mi. )
- Salem, SC ( 16.60 mi. )
- Otto, NC ( 16.73 mi. )
- Franklin, NC ( 16.80 mi. )
- Norton, NC ( 17.20 mi. )
- Oak Hill, NC ( 18.10 mi. )
- Webster, NC ( 18.15 mi. )
- Dillard, GA ( 18.50 mi. )
- Sunset, SC ( 19.06 mi. )
- Iotla, NC ( 19.06 mi. )
- Cartoogechaye, NC ( 19.42 mi. )
- Hickory Knoll, NC ( 19.42 mi. )
- Watauga, NC ( 19.42 mi. )
- Sylva, NC ( 19.78 mi. )
- Dillsboro, NC ( 20.23 mi. )
- Cowee, NC ( 20.53 mi. )
- Rabun Gap, GA ( 20.63 mi. )
- Mountain City, GA ( 20.80 mi. )
- Balsam, NC ( 22.12 mi. )
- Burningtown, NC ( 22.79 mi. )
- Brevard, NC ( 22.96 mi. )
- Walhalla, SC ( 23.29 mi. )
- Clayton, GA ( 23.43 mi. )
- West Union, SC ( 24.19 mi. )
- Pisgah Forest, NC ( 24.62 mi. )
- Cedar Mountain, NC ( 25.78 mi. )
- Alarka, NC ( 26.00 mi. )
- Six Mile, SC ( 26.05 mi. )
- Tiger, GA ( 26.18 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 28717
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 2907.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 828