About Westford, NY
Westford, NY is located in Otsego County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Westford is about 753 with about 9 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $140,077, which is roughly 53% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 35% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $54,659, which is roughly 30% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 16% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.33
Male Population Estimate: 55.5%
Female Population Estimate: 44.5%
Median Age: 50.1
Male Median Age: 47.1
Female Median Age: 49.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Westford specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Otsego County: About 2.36474 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Otsego County: About 148.059 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Otsego County is about 40% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 49% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Westford is about 1.6%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Elk Creek, NY ( 3.43 mi. )
- Maple Valley, NY ( 3.77 mi. )
- Decatur, NY ( 5.90 mi. )
- Schenevus, NY ( 6.32 mi. )
- Worcester, NY ( 6.54 mi. )
- Hrtwk Seminry, NY ( 6.82 mi. )
- Cooperstown, NY ( 7.04 mi. )
- Maryland, NY ( 7.13 mi. )
- Chaseville, NY ( 7.21 mi. )
- Roseboom, NY ( 7.23 mi. )
- East Worcester, NY ( 7.27 mi. )
- Hartwick Seminary, NY ( 7.34 mi. )
- Clintonville, NY ( 7.43 mi. )
- E Worcester, NY ( 8.39 mi. )
- Cooperstown Junction, NY ( 8.76 mi. )
- South Worcester, NY ( 9.14 mi. )
- Simpsonville, NY ( 9.61 mi. )
- Charlottevle, NY ( 9.69 mi. )
- Hartwick, NY ( 10.10 mi. )
- Fly Creek, NY ( 10.11 mi. )
- Charlotteville, NY ( 10.15 mi. )
- Fergusonville, NY ( 10.24 mi. )
- West Richmondville, NY ( 10.34 mi. )
- Milford, NY ( 10.49 mi. )
- Otsego, NY ( 10.74 mi. )
- Portlandville, NY ( 10.87 mi. )
- Dorloo, NY ( 11.01 mi. )
- Oaksville, NY ( 11.18 mi. )
- Cattown, NY ( 11.30 mi. )
- Summit, NY ( 11.55 mi. )
- Sturges Corner, NY ( 11.62 mi. )
- Milford Center, NY ( 11.90 mi. )
- Cherry Valley, NY ( 12.14 mi. )
- Mount Vision, NY ( 12.61 mi. )
- Seward, NY ( 12.81 mi. )
- Janesville, NY ( 12.91 mi. )
- East Springfield, NY ( 13.12 mi. )
- North Harpersfield, NY ( 13.24 mi. )
- Middle Village, NY ( 13.29 mi. )
- Hyndsville, NY ( 13.31 mi. )
- Colliersville, NY ( 13.35 mi. )
- Davenport Ctr, NY ( 13.48 mi. )
- Davenport, NY ( 13.56 mi. )
- Richmondville, NY ( 13.61 mi. )
- Springfield Center, NY ( 13.74 mi. )
- E Springfield, NY ( 13.79 mi. )
- Snowden, NY ( 13.81 mi. )
- Springfld Center, NY ( 14.08 mi. )
- Springfld Ctr, NY ( 14.08 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 12155, 12197, 13488 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1940.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 607