About Watson, NY
Watson, NY is located in Lewis County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Watson is about 1,744 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $118,542, which is roughly 56% lower than the Average Home Value of $267,700 for the state of New York, and roughly 37% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $64,008, which is roughly 7% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $68,931 for the state of New York, and roughly 10% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.54
Male Population Estimate: 52.8%
Female Population Estimate: 47.2%
Median Age: 49.2
Male Median Age: 38.1
Female Median Age: 41.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Watson specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Lewis County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Lewis County: About 131.557 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Lewis County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 54% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Watson is about 2%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- New Breman, NY ( 4.26 mi. )
- Kirschnerville, NY ( 5.78 mi. )
- Chase Lake, NY ( 6.72 mi. )
- Belfort, NY ( 8.15 mi. )
- Greig, NY ( 8.27 mi. )
- Otter Creek, NY ( 9.20 mi. )
- Brantingham, NY ( 9.54 mi. )
- Beaver Falls, NY ( 9.64 mi. )
- Beaver Fls, NY ( 9.64 mi. )
- Glenfield, NY ( 10.77 mi. )
- Dadville, NY ( 11.03 mi. )
- Croghan, NY ( 11.35 mi. )
- Indian River, NY ( 11.96 mi. )
- Lowville, NY ( 13.42 mi. )
- Castorland, NY ( 13.73 mi. )
- Fowlersville, NY ( 13.85 mi. )
- Turin, NY ( 14.08 mi. )
- West Lowville, NY ( 14.76 mi. )
- Houseville, NY ( 15.01 mi. )
- Lyonsdale, NY ( 15.03 mi. )
- Martinsburg, NY ( 15.15 mi. )
- Lyons Falls, NY ( 15.27 mi. )
- Thendara, NY ( 15.39 mi. )
- Goulds Mill, NY ( 15.45 mi. )
- Collinsville, NY ( 16.12 mi. )
- Old Forge, NY ( 16.27 mi. )
- Moose River, NY ( 16.38 mi. )
- McKeever, NY ( 16.58 mi. )
- Big Moose, NY ( 16.91 mi. )
- Port Leyden, NY ( 17.15 mi. )
- Otter Lake, NY ( 17.32 mi. )
- Beaver River, NY ( 18.01 mi. )
- Deer River, NY ( 18.18 mi. )
- Champion Huddle, NY ( 18.51 mi. )
- W Carthage, NY ( 18.51 mi. )
- Denmark, NY ( 18.59 mi. )
- Harrisburg, NY ( 19.74 mi. )
- Constableville, NY ( 19.88 mi. )
- White Lake, NY ( 20.28 mi. )
- Diana, NY ( 20.36 mi. )
- West Turin, NY ( 20.37 mi. )
- Carthage, NY ( 20.51 mi. )
- Talcottville, NY ( 20.82 mi. )
- West Carthage, NY ( 20.97 mi. )
- Leyden, NY ( 20.98 mi. )
- Natural Bridge, NY ( 21.01 mi. )
- Copenhagen, NY ( 21.36 mi. )
- Brandreth, NY ( 21.48 mi. )
- Woodgate, NY ( 21.56 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 13327, 13343, 13367 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1065.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 315