W Sand Lake's Livability
About W Sand Lake, NY
W Sand Lake, NY is located in Rensselaer County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for W Sand Lake is about 3,031 with about 343 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $222,600, which is roughly 25% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 2% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $91,890, which is roughly 15% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 29% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.57
Male Population Estimate: 49%
Female Population Estimate: 51%
Median Age: 42.5
Male Median Age: 42.0
Female Median Age: 43.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of W Sand Lake specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Rensselaer County: About 2.86249 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Rensselaer County: About 304.986 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Rensselaer County is about 28% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 6% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for W Sand Lake is about 2.7%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- West Sand Lake, NY ( 1.14 mi. )
- E Greenbush, NY ( 2.16 mi. )
- Maple Grove, NY ( 2.93 mi. )
- Averill Park, NY ( 3.29 mi. )
- North Greenbush, NY ( 3.43 mi. )
- Sand Lake, NY ( 3.79 mi. )
- East Greenbush, NY ( 4.02 mi. )
- Defreestville, NY ( 4.05 mi. )
- Wynantskill, NY ( 4.08 mi. )
- Glass Lake, NY ( 4.63 mi. )
- East Schodack, NY ( 4.82 mi. )
- Alps, NY ( 4.95 mi. )
- Burden Lake, NY ( 4.95 mi. )
- Albia, NY ( 5.21 mi. )
- Rensselaer, NY ( 5.72 mi. )
- Poestenkill, NY ( 6.18 mi. )
- Menands, NY ( 6.74 mi. )
- Eagle Mills, NY ( 6.83 mi. )
- Albany Brm, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Audit And Control Dept, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Empire State Plaza, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Mental Hygiene Dept, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- New York State Gov, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Agr And Mkts, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Assembly, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Civil Serv Dept, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Conservation Dept, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Dept Commerce, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Dept Of Motor Vehicles, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Dept Trans, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Educ Dept, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Empl Retirement, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Health Dept, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Hghr Educ Serv Corp, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Labor Div Empl, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Labor Unemp Ins, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- NY Park And Rec Dept, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Secretary Of State, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Soc Serv Dept, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- NY Standards And Purc, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny State Campus, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny State Dept Financial Svc, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Tele Co, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- Ny Workman Comp, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- NYS Dept Of Tax & Finance, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- NYS Tax Processing Ctr, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- S U N Y, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- S U N Y 99 Wash, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
- State Office Bldg, NY ( 6.99 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 12196
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 509.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 518