About Thurman, NY
Thurman, NY is located in Warren County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Thurman is about 898 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $168,782, which is roughly 43% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 22% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $51,250, which is roughly 34% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 21% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.37
Male Population Estimate: 48.8%
Female Population Estimate: 51.2%
Median Age: 57.5
Male Median Age: 43.0
Female Median Age: 45.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Thurman specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Warren County: About 2.2 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2019)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Warren County: About 138.313 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Warren County is about 44% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 52% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Thurman is about 3.3%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Garnet Lake, NY ( 3.04 mi. )
- Stony Creek, NY ( 5.75 mi. )
- Athol, NY ( 6.95 mi. )
- Bakers Mills, NY ( 7.97 mi. )
- The Glen, NY ( 8.09 mi. )
- Wevertown, NY ( 9.16 mi. )
- Warrensburg, NY ( 9.32 mi. )
- Johnsburg, NY ( 9.44 mi. )
- Riparius, NY ( 11.67 mi. )
- Hadley, NY ( 12.23 mi. )
- Day, NY ( 12.60 mi. )
- Holcombville, NY ( 12.74 mi. )
- North Creek, NY ( 13.01 mi. )
- Conklingville, NY ( 13.20 mi. )
- Chestertown, NY ( 13.54 mi. )
- Lake George, NY ( 13.67 mi. )
- Riverbank, NY ( 14.57 mi. )
- Assembly Point, NY ( 14.69 mi. )
- Wells, NY ( 14.80 mi. )
- Diamond Point, NY ( 14.81 mi. )
- Lake Luzerne, NY ( 15.17 mi. )
- Trout Lake, NY ( 15.25 mi. )
- Igerna, NY ( 15.50 mi. )
- North River, NY ( 16.56 mi. )
- Brant Lake, NY ( 16.60 mi. )
- Bolton Landing, NY ( 16.91 mi. )
- Cleverdale, NY ( 17.04 mi. )
- Gilmantown, NY ( 17.40 mi. )
- Rockhurst, NY ( 17.43 mi. )
- Pilot Knob, NY ( 17.62 mi. )
- Pottersville, NY ( 17.92 mi. )
- Kattskill Bay, NY ( 18.04 mi. )
- Palmer, NY ( 18.29 mi. )
- Queensbury, NY ( 18.33 mi. )
- Olmstedville, NY ( 18.64 mi. )
- Bolton Lndg, NY ( 18.78 mi. )
- Horicon, NY ( 19.57 mi. )
- Edinburg, NY ( 19.67 mi. )
- Corinth, NY ( 19.72 mi. )
- West Glens Falls, NY ( 19.77 mi. )
- Speculator, NY ( 21.04 mi. )
- Adirondack, NY ( 21.12 mi. )
- West Fort Ann, NY ( 21.41 mi. )
- Glens Falls, NY ( 21.45 mi. )
- Sabael, NY ( 22.45 mi. )
- South Glens Falls, NY ( 22.55 mi. )
- Lake Pleasant, NY ( 22.76 mi. )
- Fernwood, NY ( 22.98 mi. )
- Fort Ann, NY ( 23.05 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 12810, 12878, 12885 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1013.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 518, 838