S Edmeston's Livability
About S Edmeston, NY
S Edmeston, NY is located in Chenango County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for S Edmeston is about 3,264 with about 48 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $87,500, which is roughly 67% lower than the Average Home Value of $267,700 for the state of New York, and roughly 54% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $49,556, which is roughly 28% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $68,931 for the state of New York, and roughly 14% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.46
Male Population Estimate: 48.6%
Female Population Estimate: 51.4%
Median Age: 44.4
Male Median Age: 43.9
Female Median Age: 44.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of S Edmeston specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Chenango County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Chenango County: About 183.394 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Chenango County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 36% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for S Edmeston is about 2.3%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Hoboken, NY ( 1.55 mi. )
- Pittsfield, NY ( 2.66 mi. )
- South Edmeston, NY ( 2.90 mi. )
- Silver Lake, NY ( 3.30 mi. )
- Columbus, NY ( 4.90 mi. )
- Edmeston, NY ( 5.66 mi. )
- Stetsonville, NY ( 6.17 mi. )
- New Berlin, NY ( 6.23 mi. )
- Garrattsville, NY ( 6.80 mi. )
- Elm Grove, NY ( 7.26 mi. )
- West Burlington, NY ( 7.30 mi. )
- Morris, NY ( 7.57 mi. )
- South Brookfield, NY ( 7.57 mi. )
- W Burlington, NY ( 7.81 mi. )
- Chenango Lake, NY ( 7.87 mi. )
- Welcome, NY ( 8.14 mi. )
- Filer Corners, NY ( 8.28 mi. )
- West Edmeston, NY ( 8.34 mi. )
- New Lisbon, NY ( 8.38 mi. )
- South New Berlin, NY ( 8.95 mi. )
- Burlington Flats, NY ( 8.96 mi. )
- Ambierville, NY ( 9.60 mi. )
- Lathams Corners, NY ( 9.60 mi. )
- S New Berlin, NY ( 9.60 mi. )
- Whites Store, NY ( 9.60 mi. )
- Sherburne, NY ( 9.78 mi. )
- Burlington, NY ( 9.78 mi. )
- West Laurens, NY ( 10.31 mi. )
- North Norwich, NY ( 10.32 mi. )
- Holmesville, NY ( 10.35 mi. )
- Burlngtn Flt, NY ( 10.52 mi. )
- Patent, NY ( 10.54 mi. )
- Brookfield, NY ( 11.52 mi. )
- South Hamilton, NY ( 11.54 mi. )
- Leonardsville, NY ( 11.66 mi. )
- Laurens, NY ( 11.96 mi. )
- Gilbertsville, NY ( 12.10 mi. )
- Snowden, NY ( 12.17 mi. )
- Butternuts, NY ( 12.20 mi. )
- Springvale, NY ( 12.22 mi. )
- Otsdawa, NY ( 12.77 mi. )
- Mount Vision, NY ( 13.41 mi. )
- West Exeter, NY ( 13.41 mi. )
- Norwich, NY ( 13.55 mi. )
- Poolville, NY ( 13.79 mi. )
- Plainfield, NY ( 13.86 mi. )
- Earlville, NY ( 13.93 mi. )
- N Brookfield, NY ( 13.96 mi. )
- Hamilton, NY ( 13.99 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 13411
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1312.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 607