S Dayton's Livability
About S Dayton, NY
S Dayton, NY is located in Cattaraugus County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for S Dayton is about 2,018 with about 43 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $76,000, which is roughly 74% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 65% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $50,875, which is roughly 35% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 22% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.67
Male Population Estimate: 50.8%
Female Population Estimate: 49.2%
Median Age: 39.1
Male Median Age: 38.9
Female Median Age: 39.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of S Dayton specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Cattaraugus County: About 2.11 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2014)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Cattaraugus County: About 197.2 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Cattaraugus County is about 47% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 31% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for S Dayton is about 3.1%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- South Dayton, NY ( 1.44 mi. )
- Dayton, NY ( 3.79 mi. )
- Cherry Creek, NY ( 5.44 mi. )
- Leon, NY ( 6.14 mi. )
- Perrysburg, NY ( 7.49 mi. )
- Conewango Vly, NY ( 7.89 mi. )
- Forestville, NY ( 8.30 mi. )
- Gowanda, NY ( 9.27 mi. )
- Conewango Valley, NY ( 9.31 mi. )
- Versailles, NY ( 10.67 mi. )
- Cattaraugus, NY ( 10.99 mi. )
- Ellington, NY ( 11.18 mi. )
- Sheridan, NY ( 11.21 mi. )
- Otto, NY ( 12.04 mi. )
- Sinclairville, NY ( 12.14 mi. )
- Silver Creek, NY ( 12.51 mi. )
- Cassadaga, NY ( 12.68 mi. )
- Lily Dale, NY ( 12.89 mi. )
- Lawtons, NY ( 13.38 mi. )
- Helmuth, NY ( 13.38 mi. )
- Collins, NY ( 13.39 mi. )
- Irving, NY ( 13.42 mi. )
- Gerry, NY ( 13.75 mi. )
- Fredonia, NY ( 13.92 mi. )
- Collins Ctr, NY ( 13.94 mi. )
- Collins Center, NY ( 13.97 mi. )
- Brant, NY ( 14.99 mi. )
- Kennedy, NY ( 14.99 mi. )
- Dunkirk, NY ( 15.04 mi. )
- Farnham, NY ( 15.17 mi. )
- Chadwick Bay, NY ( 15.18 mi. )
- Stockton, NY ( 15.52 mi. )
- East Randolph, NY ( 15.53 mi. )
- Eddyville, NY ( 16.17 mi. )
- N Collins, NY ( 16.29 mi. )
- East Otto, NY ( 16.91 mi. )
- Poland, NY ( 17.09 mi. )
- North Collins, NY ( 17.21 mi. )
- Randolph, NY ( 17.40 mi. )
- Van Buren Bay, NY ( 17.74 mi. )
- Angola, NY ( 18.27 mi. )
- Van Buren Point, NY ( 18.29 mi. )
- Van Buren Pt, NY ( 18.45 mi. )
- Woodside, NY ( 18.69 mi. )
- Falconer, NY ( 18.78 mi. )
- Brocton, NY ( 18.85 mi. )
- Little Valley, NY ( 18.98 mi. )
- Portland, NY ( 20.08 mi. )
- Steamburg, NY ( 20.38 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 14138
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1309.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 716