About Russell, NY
Russell, NY is located in St. Lawrence County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Russell is about 1,652 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $86,714, which is roughly 68% lower than the Average Home Value of $267,700 for the state of New York, and roughly 54% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $57,778, which is roughly 16% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $68,931 for the state of New York, and roughly 0% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.52
Male Population Estimate: 56.4%
Female Population Estimate: 43.6%
Median Age: 44.9
Male Median Age: 41.0
Female Median Age: 41.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Russell specifically.
Average # of Homicides for St. Lawrence County: About 1.29147 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2020)
Average # of Violent Crimes for St. Lawrence County: About 145.996 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
St. Lawrence County is about 67% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 49% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Russell is about 5.2%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- South Russell, NY ( 2.43 mi. )
- Hatchs Corner, NY ( 4.75 mi. )
- Degrasse, NY ( 5.00 mi. )
- North Russell, NY ( 6.77 mi. )
- West Pierrepont, NY ( 7.23 mi. )
- Hermon, NY ( 7.30 mi. )
- Clare, NY ( 7.65 mi. )
- Pyrites, NY ( 7.87 mi. )
- S Edwards, NY ( 9.30 mi. )
- Edwards, NY ( 9.67 mi. )
- South Edwards, NY ( 10.06 mi. )
- De Kalb Junction, NY ( 10.40 mi. )
- De Kalb Jct, NY ( 10.40 mi. )
- Eddy, NY ( 10.43 mi. )
- Pierrepont, NY ( 10.54 mi. )
- Canton, NY ( 12.39 mi. )
- Richville, NY ( 12.43 mi. )
- Crary Mills, NY ( 12.43 mi. )
- Langdon Corners, NY ( 12.68 mi. )
- Emeryville, NY ( 13.54 mi. )
- East Pitcairn, NY ( 13.55 mi. )
- Fullerville, NY ( 13.73 mi. )
- South Colton, NY ( 14.43 mi. )
- Lower Oswegatchie, NY ( 14.97 mi. )
- Newton Falls, NY ( 15.40 mi. )
- Rensselaer Falls, NY ( 15.53 mi. )
- Eben, NY ( 15.75 mi. )
- Hannawa Falls, NY ( 15.85 mi. )
- Hailesboro, NY ( 15.99 mi. )
- Pitcairn, NY ( 16.03 mi. )
- Fowler, NY ( 16.13 mi. )
- Rensslaer Fls, NY ( 16.15 mi. )
- Brasie Corners, NY ( 16.55 mi. )
- Pierces Corner, NY ( 16.55 mi. )
- Balmat, NY ( 16.59 mi. )
- Fine, NY ( 17.11 mi. )
- Gouverneur, NY ( 17.13 mi. )
- West Parishville, NY ( 17.37 mi. )
- Benson Mines, NY ( 17.40 mi. )
- Star Lake, NY ( 17.63 mi. )
- Cranberry Lk, NY ( 17.83 mi. )
- Colton, NY ( 17.87 mi. )
- Depeyster, NY ( 17.91 mi. )
- Morley, NY ( 18.16 mi. )
- Slab City, NY ( 18.41 mi. )
- Natural Dam, NY ( 18.49 mi. )
- De Peyster, NY ( 18.51 mi. )
- Geers Corners, NY ( 18.78 mi. )
- Clifton, NY ( 18.82 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 13652, 13684 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 841.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 315