Port Kent's Livability
About Port Kent, NY
Port Kent, NY is located in Essex County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Port Kent is about 265 with about 273 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $172,600, which is roughly 42% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 20% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $53,563, which is roughly 31% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 18% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.25
Male Population Estimate: 46.4%
Female Population Estimate: 53.6%
Median Age: 47.3
Male Median Age: 46.8
Female Median Age: 47.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Port Kent specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Essex County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Essex County: About 166.76 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Essex County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 42% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Au Sable Chasm, NY ( 2.84 mi. )
- Ausable Chasm, NY ( 2.88 mi. )
- Keeseville, NY ( 4.02 mi. )
- Willsboro Point, NY ( 7.26 mi. )
- Harkness, NY ( 8.01 mi. )
- N Burlington, VT ( 8.12 mi. )
- North Burlington, VT ( 8.12 mi. )
- Peru, NY ( 8.22 mi. )
- Keeler Bay, VT ( 8.28 mi. )
- Keelers Bay, VT ( 8.28 mi. )
- S Hero, VT ( 8.28 mi. )
- So Hero, VT ( 8.28 mi. )
- South Hero, VT ( 8.38 mi. )
- BTV, VT ( 8.41 mi. )
- Burl, VT ( 8.41 mi. )
- Burlingtn, VT ( 8.41 mi. )
- Burlngtn, VT ( 8.41 mi. )
- Camp Johnson, VT ( 8.86 mi. )
- SMC, VT ( 8.86 mi. )
- Burlington, VT ( 9.08 mi. )
- Colchester, VT ( 9.54 mi. )
- Willsboro, NY ( 9.98 mi. )
- South Burlington, VT ( 10.27 mi. )
- Univ Of Vermont, VT ( 10.98 mi. )
- UVM, VT ( 10.98 mi. )
- Winooski, VT ( 11.19 mi. )
- Pearl, VT ( 11.69 mi. )
- Plattsburgh, NY ( 11.78 mi. )
- Queen City, VT ( 12.06 mi. )
- Queen City Park, VT ( 12.06 mi. )
- S BTV, VT ( 12.06 mi. )
- S Burl, VT ( 12.06 mi. )
- S Burlington, VT ( 12.06 mi. )
- So Burlington, VT ( 12.06 mi. )
- South Plattsburgh, NY ( 12.41 mi. )
- Schuyler Falls, NY ( 12.49 mi. )
- Shelburne, VT ( 12.53 mi. )
- St Michaels College, VT ( 12.77 mi. )
- West Milton, VT ( 13.56 mi. )
- Morrisonville, NY ( 13.58 mi. )
- Peasleeville, NY ( 14.02 mi. )
- Au Sable Forks, NY ( 14.18 mi. )
- Grand Isle, VT ( 14.30 mi. )
- Adams Landing, VT ( 14.46 mi. )
- Point Farm, VT ( 14.46 mi. )
- Reber, NY ( 14.56 mi. )
- Essex Junction, VT ( 14.66 mi. )
- Milton, VT ( 14.76 mi. )
- Schuyler Fls, NY ( 15.03 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 12975
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 156.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 518