About Otto, NY
Otto, NY is located in Cattaraugus County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Otto is about 694 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $106,980, which is roughly 60% lower than the Average Home Value of $267,700 for the state of New York, and roughly 43% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $55,750, which is roughly 19% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $68,931 for the state of New York, and roughly 3% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: 53.7%
Female Population Estimate: 46.3%
Median Age: 52.8
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Otto specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Cattaraugus County: About 2.11 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2014)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Cattaraugus County: About 197.2 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Cattaraugus County is about 47% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 31% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Otto is about 9.4%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Cattaraugus, NY ( 4.85 mi. )
- East Otto, NY ( 4.88 mi. )
- Eddyville, NY ( 6.08 mi. )
- Gowanda, NY ( 6.54 mi. )
- Collins, NY ( 6.57 mi. )
- Collins Center, NY ( 6.69 mi. )
- Collins Ctr, NY ( 6.69 mi. )
- Helmuth, NY ( 6.71 mi. )
- Dayton, NY ( 8.32 mi. )
- Woodside, NY ( 9.39 mi. )
- Perrysburg, NY ( 10.29 mi. )
- Leon, NY ( 10.50 mi. )
- W Valley, NY ( 10.52 mi. )
- Lawtons, NY ( 10.79 mi. )
- South Dayton, NY ( 11.05 mi. )
- Springville, NY ( 11.57 mi. )
- Versailles, NY ( 11.58 mi. )
- West Valley, NY ( 11.63 mi. )
- Ellicottville, NY ( 11.72 mi. )
- Riceville, NY ( 11.87 mi. )
- S Dayton, NY ( 12.04 mi. )
- North Collins, NY ( 12.05 mi. )
- Concord, NY ( 12.21 mi. )
- Little Valley, NY ( 12.44 mi. )
- N Collins, NY ( 12.58 mi. )
- Conewango Vly, NY ( 13.36 mi. )
- East Concord, NY ( 14.73 mi. )
- E Concord, NY ( 15.52 mi. )
- Conewango Valley, NY ( 15.63 mi. )
- Cherry Creek, NY ( 15.67 mi. )
- Machias, NY ( 16.11 mi. )
- Brant, NY ( 16.15 mi. )
- East Randolph, NY ( 16.75 mi. )
- Salamanca, NY ( 17.22 mi. )
- Great Valley, NY ( 17.32 mi. )
- Yorkshire, NY ( 17.71 mi. )
- Eden, NY ( 17.75 mi. )
- Forestville, NY ( 17.83 mi. )
- Glenwood, NY ( 17.90 mi. )
- Boston, NY ( 18.16 mi. )
- Irving, NY ( 18.23 mi. )
- Kill Buck, NY ( 18.37 mi. )
- Farnham, NY ( 18.38 mi. )
- Franklinville, NY ( 18.45 mi. )
- Sardinia, NY ( 18.63 mi. )
- Ellington, NY ( 18.95 mi. )
- Angola, NY ( 19.23 mi. )
- Delevan, NY ( 19.45 mi. )
- Silver Creek, NY ( 19.51 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 14719, 14766 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1420.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 716