About Lewis, NY
Lewis, NY is located in Essex County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Lewis is about 1,114 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $126,482, which is roughly 53% lower than the Average Home Value of $267,700 for the state of New York, and roughly 33% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $59,242, which is roughly 14% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $68,931 for the state of New York, and roughly 3% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.51
Male Population Estimate: 48.9%
Female Population Estimate: 51.1%
Median Age: 50.8
Male Median Age: 40.0
Female Median Age: 41.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Lewis specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Essex County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Essex County: About 166.76 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Essex County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 42% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Lewis is about 4.7%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Reber, NY ( 4.90 mi. )
- Wadhams, NY ( 7.53 mi. )
- Jay, NY ( 7.78 mi. )
- Essex, NY ( 8.78 mi. )
- Whallonsburg, NY ( 8.87 mi. )
- Elizabethtown, NY ( 9.15 mi. )
- New Russia, NY ( 9.77 mi. )
- Westport, NY ( 10.18 mi. )
- Upper Jay, NY ( 10.23 mi. )
- Willsboro, NY ( 10.54 mi. )
- Au Sable Forks, NY ( 11.36 mi. )
- Willsboro Point, NY ( 12.75 mi. )
- Keene Valley, NY ( 13.04 mi. )
- Cedar Beach, VT ( 13.43 mi. )
- Saint Huberts, NY ( 14.04 mi. )
- Wilmington, NY ( 14.21 mi. )
- Keene, NY ( 14.47 mi. )
- Whiteface Mountain, NY ( 14.49 mi. )
- Whiteface Mtn, NY ( 14.49 mi. )
- Keeseville, NY ( 14.63 mi. )
- Mineville, NY ( 14.64 mi. )
- Au Sable Frks, NY ( 14.72 mi. )
- Harkness, NY ( 15.29 mi. )
- Witherbee, NY ( 15.31 mi. )
- Au Sable Chasm, NY ( 15.78 mi. )
- Grover Hills, NY ( 15.82 mi. )
- Ferrisburgh, VT ( 16.12 mi. )
- Ausable Chasm, NY ( 16.13 mi. )
- Ferrisburg, VT ( 16.40 mi. )
- Panton, VT ( 16.40 mi. )
- Charlotte, VT ( 16.72 mi. )
- Moriah Center, NY ( 16.95 mi. )
- Moriah, NY ( 17.20 mi. )
- Swastika, NY ( 17.22 mi. )
- Shelburne, VT ( 17.52 mi. )
- Port Kent, NY ( 17.63 mi. )
- West Addison, VT ( 17.64 mi. )
- Port Henry, NY ( 17.94 mi. )
- Arnold Bay, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- Basin Harbor, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- Button Bay, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- Crown Point, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- Mile Point, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- Owls Head Harbor, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- Potash Bay, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- Potash Point, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- Summer Point, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- West Ferrisburgh, VT ( 18.04 mi. )
- North Ferrisburgh, VT ( 18.19 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 12932, 12950, 12993 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1353.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 518