About Kortright, NY
Kortright, NY is located in Delaware County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Kortright is about 1,449 with about 9 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $175,874, which is roughly 41% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 19% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $66,429, which is roughly 15% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 2% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.42
Male Population Estimate: 51.1%
Female Population Estimate: 48.9%
Median Age: 54.2
Male Median Age: 46.5
Female Median Age: 45.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Kortright specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Delaware County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Delaware County: About 193.059 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Delaware County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 33% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Kortright is about 4.8%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Doonan Corners, NY ( 1.43 mi. )
- Kortright Center, NY ( 1.84 mi. )
- S Kortright, NY ( 2.89 mi. )
- North Kortright, NY ( 3.80 mi. )
- West Harpersfield, NY ( 4.25 mi. )
- Bloomville, NY ( 4.37 mi. )
- South Kortright, NY ( 4.76 mi. )
- East Meredith, NY ( 5.71 mi. )
- Harpersfield, NY ( 5.93 mi. )
- Hobart, NY ( 5.94 mi. )
- Sturges Corner, NY ( 6.51 mi. )
- Davenport Ctr, NY ( 6.76 mi. )
- Stamford, NY ( 6.97 mi. )
- Fergusonville, NY ( 7.10 mi. )
- Shackport, NY ( 7.25 mi. )
- North Harpersfield, NY ( 7.27 mi. )
- Davenport Center, NY ( 7.45 mi. )
- Davenport, NY ( 7.51 mi. )
- Simpsonville, NY ( 7.77 mi. )
- Meredith, NY ( 8.41 mi. )
- South Worcester, NY ( 8.89 mi. )
- Meridale, NY ( 8.90 mi. )
- Bovina Center, NY ( 8.94 mi. )
- West Davenport, NY ( 9.95 mi. )
- W Davenport, NY ( 9.96 mi. )
- Lake Delaware, NY ( 10.22 mi. )
- Delhi, NY ( 10.38 mi. )
- Chaseville, NY ( 10.97 mi. )
- Jefferson, NY ( 10.99 mi. )
- Maryland, NY ( 11.11 mi. )
- Schenevus, NY ( 11.16 mi. )
- Charlottevle, NY ( 11.46 mi. )
- Charlotteville, NY ( 12.21 mi. )
- Cooperstown Junction, NY ( 12.25 mi. )
- Colliersville, NY ( 12.27 mi. )
- West Meredith, NY ( 12.64 mi. )
- Emmons, NY ( 12.70 mi. )
- East Jefferson, NY ( 12.92 mi. )
- Hubbell Cors, NY ( 13.07 mi. )
- West Delhi, NY ( 13.15 mi. )
- New Kingston, NY ( 13.30 mi. )
- Portlandville, NY ( 13.40 mi. )
- Roxbury, NY ( 13.47 mi. )
- Worcester, NY ( 13.71 mi. )
- Fraser, NY ( 13.71 mi. )
- Milford Center, NY ( 13.95 mi. )
- Elk Creek, NY ( 13.97 mi. )
- Treadwell, NY ( 14.13 mi. )
- Milford, NY ( 14.61 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 13739, 13750, 13757, 13842 (4 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 2026.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 607