About Itaska, NY
Itaska, NY is located in Broome County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Itaska is about 4,189 with about 20 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $106,000, which is roughly 64% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 51% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $61,714, which is roughly 21% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 5% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.59
Male Population Estimate: 49.7%
Female Population Estimate: 50.3%
Median Age: 40.6
Male Median Age: 39.7
Female Median Age: 41.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Itaska specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Broome County: About 2.71546 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Broome County: About 314.955 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Broome County is about 31% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 9% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Barker, NY ( 1.32 mi. )
- Clough Corners, NY ( 2.21 mi. )
- Whitney Point, NY ( 3.76 mi. )
- Triangle, NY ( 4.79 mi. )
- Castle Creek, NY ( 4.96 mi. )
- Chenango Fks, NY ( 5.28 mi. )
- Chenango Forks, NY ( 5.34 mi. )
- Glen Aubrey, NY ( 5.35 mi. )
- Genegantslet, NY ( 6.11 mi. )
- North Fenton, NY ( 6.98 mi. )
- Upper Lisle, NY ( 7.16 mi. )
- Greene, NY ( 7.22 mi. )
- Centerlisle, NY ( 7.27 mi. )
- West Chenango, NY ( 7.35 mi. )
- Quinneville, NY ( 7.67 mi. )
- Smithville Flats, NY ( 8.26 mi. )
- Glen Castle, NY ( 8.29 mi. )
- Smithvle Flts, NY ( 8.39 mi. )
- East Maine, NY ( 8.57 mi. )
- Lisle, NY ( 8.60 mi. )
- Broadacres, NY ( 8.60 mi. )
- Hinmans Corners, NY ( 8.60 mi. )
- Fenton, NY ( 8.70 mi. )
- Lower Genegantslet Corner, NY ( 9.03 mi. )
- Killawog, NY ( 9.07 mi. )
- Chenango Bridge, NY ( 9.15 mi. )
- Maine, NY ( 9.30 mi. )
- Kattelville, NY ( 9.39 mi. )
- Nimmonsburg, NY ( 9.39 mi. )
- Chenango Brg, NY ( 9.44 mi. )
- Ketchumville, NY ( 9.92 mi. )
- Port Crane, NY ( 10.06 mi. )
- Sanitaria Spg, NY ( 10.36 mi. )
- Willet, NY ( 10.48 mi. )
- Tunnel, NY ( 10.89 mi. )
- Choconut Center, NY ( 10.93 mi. )
- Smithville, NY ( 11.17 mi. )
- Port Dickinson, NY ( 11.27 mi. )
- Marathon, NY ( 11.59 mi. )
- Dickinson, NY ( 11.66 mi. )
- East Berkshire, NY ( 12.04 mi. )
- Sanitaria Springs, NY ( 12.05 mi. )
- Smithville Center, NY ( 12.06 mi. )
- Brisben, NY ( 12.42 mi. )
- Johnson City, NY ( 12.47 mi. )
- Hospital, NY ( 13.09 mi. )
- Union Center, NY ( 13.10 mi. )
- Westover, NY ( 13.11 mi. )
- Texas Valley, NY ( 13.34 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 13862
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1171.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 607