About Greenwood, NY
Greenwood, NY is located in Steuben County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Greenwood is about 811 with about 7 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $102,311, which is roughly 65% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 53% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $76,250, which is roughly 2% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 15% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.56
Male Population Estimate: 57.7%
Female Population Estimate: 42.3%
Median Age: 38.8
Male Median Age: 40.5
Female Median Age: 40.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Greenwood specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Steuben County: About 1.45201 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2018)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Steuben County: About 177.541 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Steuben County is about 63% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 38% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Greenwood is about 5.3%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Rexville, NY ( 4.32 mi. )
- Andover, NY ( 6.55 mi. )
- Jasper, NY ( 7.49 mi. )
- Alfred, NY ( 8.55 mi. )
- Whitesville, NY ( 8.58 mi. )
- Alfred Sta, NY ( 9.18 mi. )
- Canisteo, NY ( 9.30 mi. )
- Alfred Station, NY ( 9.51 mi. )
- Troupsburg, NY ( 9.60 mi. )
- North Bingham, PA ( 11.72 mi. )
- North Fork, PA ( 11.73 mi. )
- Wellsville, NY ( 12.56 mi. )
- Hornell, NY ( 12.99 mi. )
- Harrison Twp, PA ( 13.03 mi. )
- Harrison Vly, PA ( 13.03 mi. )
- Mills, PA ( 13.77 mi. )
- North Hornell, NY ( 13.83 mi. )
- Harrison Valley, PA ( 14.13 mi. )
- Austinburg, PA ( 14.14 mi. )
- Brookfield, PA ( 14.14 mi. )
- Bingham, PA ( 14.21 mi. )
- Cameron, NY ( 14.78 mi. )
- Hickox, PA ( 14.80 mi. )
- Almond, NY ( 14.82 mi. )
- West Bingham, PA ( 15.56 mi. )
- Woodhull, NY ( 15.85 mi. )
- Elmer, PA ( 15.86 mi. )
- Cameron Mills, NY ( 16.32 mi. )
- Potter Brook, PA ( 16.49 mi. )
- Scio, NY ( 16.73 mi. )
- Arkport, NY ( 17.08 mi. )
- Westfield, PA ( 17.27 mi. )
- Kinney, PA ( 17.33 mi. )
- Cowanesque, PA ( 17.38 mi. )
- Genesee, PA ( 17.46 mi. )
- Knoxville, PA ( 17.78 mi. )
- Ellisburg, PA ( 18.43 mi. )
- Alma, NY ( 18.62 mi. )
- Belmont, NY ( 18.86 mi. )
- Keech, PA ( 19.04 mi. )
- Deerfield, PA ( 19.05 mi. )
- Eleven Mile, PA ( 19.36 mi. )
- Hector, PA ( 19.40 mi. )
- Osceola, PA ( 19.43 mi. )
- Allentown, NY ( 20.20 mi. )
- Angelica, NY ( 20.38 mi. )
- Gold, PA ( 20.55 mi. )
- Sabinsville, PA ( 20.73 mi. )
- Cathead, PA ( 21.52 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 14806, 14823, 14839, 14877 (4 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1717.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 607