Glen Oaks' Livability
About Glen Oaks, NY
Glen Oaks, NY is located in Queens County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Glen Oaks is about 28,032 with about 7,385 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $523,700, which is roughly 43% higher than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 59% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $92,657, which is roughly 16% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 30% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.58
Male Population Estimate: 46.6%
Female Population Estimate: 53.4%
Median Age: 45.9
Male Median Age: 44.2
Female Median Age: 47.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Glen Oaks specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Queens County: About 2.66357 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Queens County: About 597.783 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Queens County is about 33% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 52% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Glen Oaks is about 7.5%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- North New Hyde Park, NY ( 1.28 mi. )
- Little Neck, NY ( 1.42 mi. )
- Douglaston, NY ( 1.42 mi. )
- Horace Harding, NY ( 1.42 mi. )
- Lake Success, NY ( 1.48 mi. )
- Bellerose, NY ( 1.57 mi. )
- Bellerose Village, NY ( 1.60 mi. )
- Bellerose Vlg, NY ( 1.60 mi. )
- S Floral Park, NY ( 1.60 mi. )
- So Floral Park, NY ( 1.60 mi. )
- Garden Cty Pk, NY ( 1.62 mi. )
- Gdn City Park, NY ( 1.62 mi. )
- Hillside Mnr, NY ( 1.62 mi. )
- Lakeville Estates, NY ( 1.62 mi. )
- Manhasset Hl, NY ( 1.62 mi. )
- N H P, NY ( 1.62 mi. )
- N New Hyde Pk, NY ( 1.62 mi. )
- No New Hyde Park, NY ( 1.62 mi. )
- New Hyde Park, NY ( 1.70 mi. )
- Floral Park, NY ( 1.73 mi. )
- Great Nk, NY ( 1.74 mi. )
- Bellerose Terrace, NY ( 1.83 mi. )
- Manhasset Hills, NY ( 1.84 mi. )
- Hillside Manor, NY ( 2.06 mi. )
- University Gardens, NY ( 2.14 mi. )
- Stewart Manor, NY ( 2.30 mi. )
- Oakland Gardens, NY ( 2.37 mi. )
- Queens Village, NY ( 2.37 mi. )
- South Floral Park, NY ( 2.37 mi. )
- Bayside Hills, NY ( 2.37 mi. )
- Bellerose Manor, NY ( 2.37 mi. )
- Bellrs Manor, NY ( 2.37 mi. )
- Hollis Hills, NY ( 2.37 mi. )
- Oakland Gdns, NY ( 2.37 mi. )
- Queens Vlg, NY ( 2.37 mi. )
- Russell Gardens, NY ( 2.46 mi. )
- Garden City Park, NY ( 2.53 mi. )
- Herricks, NY ( 2.63 mi. )
- North Hills, NY ( 2.73 mi. )
- Allenwood, NY ( 2.79 mi. )
- Great Nck Plz, NY ( 2.79 mi. )
- Thomaston, NY ( 2.82 mi. )
- Great Neck Plaza, NY ( 2.87 mi. )
- Elmont, NY ( 3.01 mi. )
- Manhasset, NY ( 3.02 mi. )
- Great Neck Estates, NY ( 3.05 mi. )
- Kensington, NY ( 3.25 mi. )
- Argo Village, NY ( 3.33 mi. )
- Locustwood, NY ( 3.33 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 11004
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 116.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 516, 718