About Gilmantown, NY
Gilmantown, NY is located in Hamilton County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Gilmantown is about 674 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $161,700, which is roughly 45% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 26% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $57,778, which is roughly 26% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 11% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.21
Male Population Estimate: 50.4%
Female Population Estimate: 49.6%
Median Age: 49.2
Male Median Age: 47.8
Female Median Age: 49.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Gilmantown specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Hamilton County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Hamilton County: About 74.2863 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Hamilton County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 74% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Wells, NY ( 3.25 mi. )
- Piseco, NY ( 10.18 mi. )
- Lake Pleasant, NY ( 10.60 mi. )
- Higgins Bay, NY ( 11.12 mi. )
- Speculator, NY ( 11.29 mi. )
- Arietta, NY ( 14.10 mi. )
- Stony Creek, NY ( 14.68 mi. )
- Day, NY ( 16.05 mi. )
- Garnet Lake, NY ( 16.82 mi. )
- Thurman, NY ( 17.40 mi. )
- Pine Lake, NY ( 17.76 mi. )
- Northampton, NY ( 18.33 mi. )
- Bleecker, NY ( 18.58 mi. )
- Johnsburg, NY ( 18.67 mi. )
- Bakers Mills, NY ( 19.01 mi. )
- Edinburg, NY ( 19.20 mi. )
- Sabael, NY ( 20.05 mi. )
- Hoffmeister, NY ( 20.36 mi. )
- Morehouse, NY ( 20.74 mi. )
- Conklingville, NY ( 20.92 mi. )
- Wheelerville, NY ( 21.20 mi. )
- Caroga, NY ( 21.63 mi. )
- Mayfield, NY ( 21.81 mi. )
- Hadley, NY ( 21.85 mi. )
- Fish House, NY ( 22.26 mi. )
- Caroga Lake, NY ( 22.50 mi. )
- Wevertown, NY ( 23.10 mi. )
- Morehouseville, NY ( 23.19 mi. )
- Stratford, NY ( 23.35 mi. )
- Holcombville, NY ( 24.00 mi. )
- Athol, NY ( 24.01 mi. )
- Indian Lake, NY ( 24.12 mi. )
- North Broadalbin, NY ( 24.13 mi. )
- North Creek, NY ( 24.18 mi. )
- North River, NY ( 24.69 mi. )
- West Bush, NY ( 24.71 mi. )
- The Glen, NY ( 24.83 mi. )
- Galway Lake, NY ( 25.17 mi. )
- Honeywell Corners, NY ( 25.17 mi. )
- Stevers Mills, NY ( 25.17 mi. )
- Palmer, NY ( 25.46 mi. )
- Union Mills, NY ( 25.74 mi. )
- Riparius, NY ( 26.03 mi. )
- Providence, NY ( 26.06 mi. )
- Corinth, NY ( 26.11 mi. )
- Broadalbin, NY ( 26.22 mi. )
- Warrensburg, NY ( 26.53 mi. )
- Meco, NY ( 26.60 mi. )
- Lake Luzerne, NY ( 26.89 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 12190
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1750.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 518, 838