About Gilboa, NY
Gilboa, NY is located in Schoharie County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Gilboa is about 1,047 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $172,720, which is roughly 35% lower than the Average Home Value of $267,700 for the state of New York, and roughly 8% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $69,000, which is roughly 0% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $68,931 for the state of New York, and roughly 17% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.29
Male Population Estimate: 50.5%
Female Population Estimate: 49.5%
Median Age: 56.7
Male Median Age: 48.6
Female Median Age: 46.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Gilboa specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Schoharie County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Schoharie County: About 89.5269 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Schoharie County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 69% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Gilboa is about 10.2%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- N Blenheim, NY ( 2.52 mi. )
- North Blenheim, NY ( 2.87 mi. )
- Grand Gorge, NY ( 5.12 mi. )
- W Fulton, NY ( 5.96 mi. )
- Breakabeen, NY ( 6.89 mi. )
- Prattsville, NY ( 7.68 mi. )
- East Jefferson, NY ( 8.14 mi. )
- Red Falls, NY ( 8.96 mi. )
- Jefferson, NY ( 9.02 mi. )
- West Fulton, NY ( 9.28 mi. )
- Fultonham, NY ( 10.01 mi. )
- Preston Hlow, NY ( 10.19 mi. )
- Preston Holw, NY ( 10.19 mi. )
- Hubbell Cors, NY ( 10.22 mi. )
- Livingstonville, NY ( 10.30 mi. )
- Roxbury, NY ( 10.35 mi. )
- West Durham, NY ( 11.52 mi. )
- Middleburg, NY ( 11.59 mi. )
- Hobart, NY ( 11.64 mi. )
- Stamford, NY ( 11.77 mi. )
- North Harpersfield, NY ( 12.41 mi. )
- Summit, NY ( 12.48 mi. )
- Harpersfield, NY ( 12.56 mi. )
- Patria, NY ( 12.98 mi. )
- Charlotteville, NY ( 13.30 mi. )
- Preston Hollow, NY ( 13.41 mi. )
- West Harpersfield, NY ( 13.68 mi. )
- Charlottevle, NY ( 13.89 mi. )
- Huntersland, NY ( 13.90 mi. )
- Middleburgh, NY ( 14.01 mi. )
- S Kortright, NY ( 14.15 mi. )
- North Kortright, NY ( 14.49 mi. )
- Rensselaerville, NY ( 14.64 mi. )
- South Kortright, NY ( 14.68 mi. )
- Windham, NY ( 14.89 mi. )
- Richmondville, NY ( 15.16 mi. )
- West Kill, NY ( 15.18 mi. )
- Hensonville, NY ( 15.57 mi. )
- Cornwallville, NY ( 15.74 mi. )
- E Worcester, NY ( 15.95 mi. )
- Halcott Ctr, NY ( 16.06 mi. )
- Warnerville, NY ( 16.11 mi. )
- Denver, NY ( 16.12 mi. )
- Rensselaervle, NY ( 16.13 mi. )
- Durham, NY ( 16.17 mi. )
- South Worcester, NY ( 16.19 mi. )
- Kortright Center, NY ( 16.35 mi. )
- East Windham, NY ( 16.42 mi. )
- Mineral Springs, NY ( 16.58 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 12076, 12122, 12167 (3 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1934.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 518, 838