Franklin D Roosevelt's Livability
About Franklin D Roosevelt, NY
Franklin D Roosevelt, NY is located in New York County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Franklin D Roosevelt is about 31,924 with about 37,382 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $928,400, which is roughly 68% higher than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 77% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $67,682, which is roughly 13% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 4% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 0.81
Male Population Estimate: 45.4%
Female Population Estimate: 54.6%
Median Age: 22.65
Male Median Age: 22.7
Female Median Age: 22.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Franklin D Roosevelt specifically.
Average # of Homicides for New York County: About 2.03089 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for New York County: About 586.407 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
New York County is about 49% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 51% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Franklin D Roosevelt is about 7.5%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- JP Morgan Bank, NY ( 0.40 mi. )
- Grand Central, NY ( 0.48 mi. )
- Business Reply, NY ( 0.52 mi. )
- Roosevelt Isl, NY ( 0.92 mi. )
- Roosevelt Island, NY ( 0.92 mi. )
- Citicorp, NY ( 1.35 mi. )
- Empire State, NY ( 1.56 mi. )
- GPO, NY ( 1.56 mi. )
- Greeley Square, NY ( 1.56 mi. )
- Macys Finance, NY ( 1.56 mi. )
- Ny, NY ( 1.56 mi. )
- Ny City, NY ( 1.56 mi. )
- Madison Square, NY ( 1.57 mi. )
- Gpo Official Mail, NY ( 1.71 mi. )
- Manhattan, NY ( 1.73 mi. )
- Bar Code Church Street, NY ( 1.76 mi. )
- Church Street Boxes, NY ( 1.86 mi. )
- Long Island City, NY ( 1.89 mi. )
- Long Is City, NY ( 1.89 mi. )
- Cooper, NY ( 2.15 mi. )
- Peter Stuyvesant, NY ( 2.26 mi. )
- Astoria, NY ( 2.36 mi. )
- Weehawken, NJ ( 2.63 mi. )
- Knickerbocker, NY ( 2.65 mi. )
- Planetarium, NY ( 2.74 mi. )
- Prince, NY ( 2.76 mi. )
- Monitor, NJ ( 2.85 mi. )
- Taurus, NJ ( 2.85 mi. )
- West New York, NJ ( 2.87 mi. )
- Guttenberg, NJ ( 3.06 mi. )
- Randalls Island, NY ( 3.23 mi. )
- Triborough, NY ( 3.23 mi. )
- Wards Is, NY ( 3.23 mi. )
- Wards Island, NY ( 3.23 mi. )
- Morningside, NY ( 3.25 mi. )
- Hoboken, NJ ( 3.27 mi. )
- Bergenline, NJ ( 3.31 mi. )
- Summit Avenue, NJ ( 3.31 mi. )
- Chinatown, NY ( 3.35 mi. )
- Castle Point, NJ ( 3.38 mi. )
- Uptown, NJ ( 3.38 mi. )
- Washington Street, NJ ( 3.38 mi. )
- Union City, NJ ( 3.42 mi. )
- Tyler Park, NJ ( 3.55 mi. )
- Woodcliff, NJ ( 3.55 mi. )
- Bank Of New York, NY ( 3.65 mi. )
- Bank Of New York Brm, NY ( 3.65 mi. )
- Bear Stearns, NY ( 3.65 mi. )
- Canal Street, NY ( 3.65 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 10022, 10126 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 34.5 ft.
Area Code(s): 212, 646, 917, 332, 929, 718