About Caroga, NY
Caroga, NY is located in Fulton County in the state of New York.
The total City Population for Caroga is about 911 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $131,065, which is roughly 56% lower than the Average Home Value of $296,520 for the state of New York, and roughly 40% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $49,831, which is roughly 36% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $77,890 for the state of New York, and roughly 23% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.19
Male Population Estimate: 48.1%
Female Population Estimate: 51.9%
Median Age: 57.8
Male Median Age: 47.7
Female Median Age: 46.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Caroga specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Fulton County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Fulton County: About 204.072 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Fulton County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 29% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Caroga is about 2.7%.
New York is ranked #2 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.46 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 69.89
The average living wage for the state of New York is $35.98/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New York a minimum wage score of 66.97 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $8.35/hr, which gives New York a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 57.2 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New York is $250.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 50.49 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New York does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New York does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New York does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New York does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New York does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New York does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New York does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
✓ New York does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New York does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New York does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New York does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New York does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New York does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New York does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New York does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New York does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New York does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Wheelerville, NY ( 0.70 mi. )
- Caroga Lake, NY ( 1.68 mi. )
- Bleecker, NY ( 6.04 mi. )
- Rockwood, NY ( 6.69 mi. )
- Stratford, NY ( 6.91 mi. )
- Garoga, NY ( 7.71 mi. )
- West Bush, NY ( 7.91 mi. )
- Ephratah, NY ( 8.33 mi. )
- Pine Lake, NY ( 8.45 mi. )
- Lassellsville, NY ( 8.87 mi. )
- Meco, NY ( 9.06 mi. )
- Saint Johnsville, NY ( 9.50 mi. )
- Johnsville, NY ( 9.50 mi. )
- Scotchbush, NY ( 9.50 mi. )
- St Johnsville, NY ( 9.50 mi. )
- Northbush, NY ( 9.62 mi. )
- Gloversville, NY ( 10.66 mi. )
- Oppenheim, NY ( 10.69 mi. )
- Kringsbush, NY ( 11.87 mi. )
- Johnstown, NY ( 11.98 mi. )
- Sammonsville, NY ( 11.99 mi. )
- Mayfield, NY ( 12.29 mi. )
- Crum Creek, NY ( 13.40 mi. )
- Stone Arabia, NY ( 14.21 mi. )
- Salisbury Center, NY ( 14.26 mi. )
- Dolgeville, NY ( 14.29 mi. )
- Mohawk, NY ( 14.63 mi. )
- Fonda, NY ( 15.34 mi. )
- Salisbury Ctr, NY ( 15.38 mi. )
- Mindenville, NY ( 15.71 mi. )
- Fultonville, NY ( 15.83 mi. )
- Vail Mills, NY ( 15.97 mi. )
- Sand Hill, NY ( 16.03 mi. )
- Palatine Brg, NY ( 16.35 mi. )
- Nelliston, NY ( 16.37 mi. )
- Manheim, NY ( 16.38 mi. )
- Northampton, NY ( 16.61 mi. )
- Fort Plain, NY ( 16.71 mi. )
- Palatine Bridge, NY ( 17.05 mi. )
- Ft Plain, NY ( 17.31 mi. )
- North Broadalbin, NY ( 17.35 mi. )
- Tribes Hill, NY ( 17.54 mi. )
- Higgins Bay, NY ( 17.54 mi. )
- Auriesville, NY ( 18.12 mi. )
- Broadalbin, NY ( 18.12 mi. )
- Perth, NY ( 18.20 mi. )
- Sprakers, NY ( 18.21 mi. )
- Fort Hunter, NY ( 18.26 mi. )
- Hallsville, NY ( 18.32 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 12032, 12095 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 2056.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 518