About Dover, NJ
Dover, NJ is located in Morris County in the state of New Jersey.
The total City Population for Dover is about 18,418 with about 2,578 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $275,931, which is roughly 25% lower than the Average Home Value of $365,627 for the state of New Jersey, and roughly 32% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $69,434, which is roughly 25% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $93,038 for the state of New Jersey, and roughly 17% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.06
Male Population Estimate: 50.5%
Female Population Estimate: 49.5%
Median Age: 39.2
Male Median Age: 22.9
Female Median Age: 25.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Dover specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Morris County: About 0.602959 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Morris County: About 63.4859 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Morris County is about 85% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 78% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Dover is about 7.2%.
New Jersey is ranked #6 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 80.81 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 67.65
The average living wage for the state of New Jersey is $35.18/hr, while the states minimum wage is $12.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New Jersey a minimum wage score of 63.69 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $4.13/hr, which gives New Jersey a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 15.46 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New Jersey is $319.68, resulting in a UI benefit score of 92.35 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ New Jersey does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New Jersey does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New Jersey does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ New Jersey does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ New Jersey does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ New Jersey does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X New Jersey does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New Jersey does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X New Jersey does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New Jersey does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New Jersey does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New Jersey does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ New Jersey does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New Jersey does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ New Jersey does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New Jersey does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New Jersey does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New Jersey does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Victory Gardens, NJ ( 1.08 mi. )
- Picatinny Arsenal, NJ ( 1.10 mi. )
- Picatinny Ars, NJ ( 1.10 mi. )
- Wharton, NJ ( 1.46 mi. )
- Mine Hill, NJ ( 2.17 mi. )
- Randolph, NJ ( 3.15 mi. )
- Chester Twp, NJ ( 3.24 mi. )
- Kenvil, NJ ( 3.27 mi. )
- Denville, NJ ( 3.68 mi. )
- Mount Freedom, NJ ( 4.16 mi. )
- Tabor, NJ ( 4.29 mi. )
- Mount Tabor, NJ ( 4.48 mi. )
- Greystone Park, NJ ( 4.61 mi. )
- Greystone Pk, NJ ( 4.61 mi. )
- Mt Arlington, NJ ( 4.65 mi. )
- Mount Arlington, NJ ( 4.73 mi. )
- Hibernia, NJ ( 4.95 mi. )
- Landing, NJ ( 5.41 mi. )
- Morris Plains, NJ ( 5.48 mi. )
- Ironia, NJ ( 5.55 mi. )
- Succasunna, NJ ( 5.56 mi. )
- Lake Hopatcong, NJ ( 5.73 mi. )
- Ledgewood, NJ ( 5.92 mi. )
- Rockaway, NJ ( 6.03 mi. )
- Rockaway Boro, NJ ( 6.09 mi. )
- Rockaway Borough, NJ ( 6.09 mi. )
- Lk Hopatcong, NJ ( 6.22 mi. )
- Mountain Lakes, NJ ( 6.23 mi. )
- Mountain Lks, NJ ( 6.23 mi. )
- Brookside, NJ ( 6.33 mi. )
- Rockaway Valley, NJ ( 6.69 mi. )
- Meriden, NJ ( 6.80 mi. )
- Hopatcong, NJ ( 7.01 mi. )
- Mendham Township, NJ ( 7.06 mi. )
- Mendham Twp, NJ ( 7.06 mi. )
- Cedar Knolls, NJ ( 7.11 mi. )
- Mendham, NJ ( 7.34 mi. )
- Powerville, NJ ( 7.36 mi. )
- Netcong, NJ ( 7.47 mi. )
- Morristown, NJ ( 7.52 mi. )
- Stanhope, NJ ( 7.71 mi. )
- Roxbury Township, NJ ( 7.74 mi. )
- Roxbury Twp, NJ ( 7.74 mi. )
- Parsippany, NJ ( 7.77 mi. )
- Glasser, NJ ( 7.86 mi. )
- Lyonsville, NJ ( 7.95 mi. )
- Boonton Township, NJ ( 7.97 mi. )
- Boonton Twp, NJ ( 7.97 mi. )
- Lake Intervale, NJ ( 7.97 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 07801
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 781.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 862, 973