About Washington, NH
Washington, NH is located in Sullivan County in the state of New Hampshire.
The total City Population for Washington is about 1,107 with about 9 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $211,379, which is roughly 14% lower than the Average Home Value of $246,084 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 11% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $78,542, which is roughly 5% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $74,998 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 27% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.45
Male Population Estimate: 49.8%
Female Population Estimate: 50.2%
Median Age: 55.6
Male Median Age: 46.4
Female Median Age: 46.6
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Washington specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Sullivan County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Sullivan County: About 175.229 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Sullivan County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 39% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Washington is about 1.3%.
New Hampshire is ranked #26 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 45.44 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 24.03
The average living wage for the state of New Hampshire is $30.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New Hampshire a minimum wage score of 8.14 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $3.26/hr, which gives New Hampshire a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 29.06 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New Hampshire is $165.88, resulting in a UI benefit score of 19.37 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X New Hampshire does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New Hampshire does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New Hampshire does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X New Hampshire does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid family leave.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ New Hampshire does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New Hampshire does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X New Hampshire does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New Hampshire does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New Hampshire does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New Hampshire does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X New Hampshire does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New Hampshire does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X New Hampshire does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New Hampshire does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- East Lempster, NH ( 5.34 mi. )
- Lempster, NH ( 5.55 mi. )
- Windsor, NH ( 6.06 mi. )
- Bradford, NH ( 7.05 mi. )
- Marlow, NH ( 7.29 mi. )
- Stoddard, NH ( 7.36 mi. )
- Goshen, NH ( 7.45 mi. )
- Hillsborough, NH ( 7.55 mi. )
- E Lempster, NH ( 8.34 mi. )
- S Newbury, NH ( 9.05 mi. )
- South Newbury, NH ( 9.06 mi. )
- Hillsboro, NH ( 9.16 mi. )
- Newbury, NH ( 9.62 mi. )
- S Acworth, NH ( 9.88 mi. )
- So Acworth, NH ( 9.88 mi. )
- South Acworth, NH ( 9.89 mi. )
- Acworth, NH ( 10.21 mi. )
- East Alstead, NH ( 10.39 mi. )
- Antrim, NH ( 10.43 mi. )
- Mt Sunapee, NH ( 10.51 mi. )
- Mount Sunapee, NH ( 10.92 mi. )
- Munsonville, NH ( 12.03 mi. )
- Alstead, NH ( 12.07 mi. )
- Unity, NH ( 12.08 mi. )
- South Sutton, NH ( 12.27 mi. )
- S Sutton, NH ( 12.27 mi. )
- Alstead Center, NH ( 12.72 mi. )
- Sullivan, NH ( 13.07 mi. )
- Nelson, NH ( 13.15 mi. )
- Gilsum, NH ( 13.24 mi. )
- Henniker, NH ( 13.45 mi. )
- E Sullivan, NH ( 13.50 mi. )
- Sutton, NH ( 13.50 mi. )
- Guild, NH ( 13.60 mi. )
- Newport, NH ( 13.74 mi. )
- East Sullivan, NH ( 14.11 mi. )
- Deering, NH ( 14.13 mi. )
- Sunapee, NH ( 14.39 mi. )
- North Sutton, NH ( 14.59 mi. )
- Langdon, NH ( 14.74 mi. )
- Warner, NH ( 14.78 mi. )
- N Sutton, NH ( 14.81 mi. )
- Bennington, NH ( 14.90 mi. )
- Hancock, NH ( 15.06 mi. )
- Drewsville, NH ( 15.71 mi. )
- Charlestown, NH ( 15.95 mi. )
- Surry, NH ( 16.52 mi. )
- Harrisville, NH ( 16.68 mi. )
- Roxbury, NH ( 16.89 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 03280
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1459.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 603