About Lyman, NH
Lyman, NH is located in Grafton County in the state of New Hampshire.
The total City Population for Lyman is about 567 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $169,809, which is roughly 31% lower than the Average Home Value of $246,084 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 10% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $79,688, which is roughly 6% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $74,998 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 28% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.37
Male Population Estimate: 48.5%
Female Population Estimate: 51.5%
Median Age: 50.2
Male Median Age: 45.6
Female Median Age: 46.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Lyman specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Grafton County: About 2.07484 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Grafton County: About 166.83 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Grafton County is about 47% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 42% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Lyman is about 9.7%.
New Hampshire is ranked #26 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 45.44 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 24.03
The average living wage for the state of New Hampshire is $30.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New Hampshire a minimum wage score of 8.14 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $3.26/hr, which gives New Hampshire a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 29.06 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New Hampshire is $165.88, resulting in a UI benefit score of 19.37 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X New Hampshire does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New Hampshire does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New Hampshire does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X New Hampshire does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid family leave.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ New Hampshire does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New Hampshire does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X New Hampshire does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New Hampshire does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New Hampshire does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New Hampshire does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X New Hampshire does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New Hampshire does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X New Hampshire does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New Hampshire does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Monroe, NH ( 3.71 mi. )
- Lisbon, NH ( 4.19 mi. )
- Mc Indoe Falls, VT ( 5.88 mi. )
- Mc Indoe Fls, VT ( 5.88 mi. )
- McIndoe Falls, VT ( 6.07 mi. )
- Bath, NH ( 6.30 mi. )
- Lower Waterford, VT ( 6.40 mi. )
- Lwr Waterford, VT ( 6.41 mi. )
- West Waterford, VT ( 6.45 mi. )
- East Ryegate, VT ( 7.28 mi. )
- Sugar Hill, NH ( 7.75 mi. )
- Barnet, VT ( 7.85 mi. )
- Waterford, VT ( 7.89 mi. )
- Barnet Center, VT ( 7.91 mi. )
- Inwood, VT ( 7.91 mi. )
- Littleton, NH ( 7.94 mi. )
- Landaff, NH ( 8.16 mi. )
- Passumpsic, VT ( 8.86 mi. )
- Ryegate Corner, VT ( 8.94 mi. )
- Ryegate, VT ( 9.14 mi. )
- Woodsville, NH ( 9.46 mi. )
- Wells River, VT ( 9.74 mi. )
- Mosquitoville, VT ( 10.10 mi. )
- West Barnet, VT ( 10.25 mi. )
- Morses Mills, VT ( 10.95 mi. )
- Saint Johnsbury, VT ( 11.03 mi. )
- Johnsbury, VT ( 11.03 mi. )
- St Johnsbury, VT ( 11.03 mi. )
- South Ryegate, VT ( 11.26 mi. )
- South Peacham, VT ( 11.69 mi. )
- East Peacham, VT ( 11.88 mi. )
- Easton, NH ( 11.99 mi. )
- East Saint Johnsbury, VT ( 12.01 mi. )
- E St Johnsbry, VT ( 12.01 mi. )
- N Haverhill, NH ( 12.48 mi. )
- No Haverhill, NH ( 12.48 mi. )
- Concord, VT ( 12.65 mi. )
- North Haverhill, NH ( 12.66 mi. )
- Concord Corner, VT ( 12.74 mi. )
- Ralston Corner, VT ( 12.74 mi. )
- Haverhill, NH ( 13.40 mi. )
- Swamp Rd, VT ( 13.58 mi. )
- St Jhnsbry Ct, VT ( 13.68 mi. )
- Saint Johnsbury Center, VT ( 13.77 mi. )
- Newbury, VT ( 13.93 mi. )
- Danville Center, VT ( 13.94 mi. )
- Peacham, VT ( 14.00 mi. )
- Newbury Center, VT ( 14.19 mi. )
- East Concord, VT ( 14.37 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 03585
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 859.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 603