About Jackson, NH
Jackson, NH is located in Carroll County in the state of New Hampshire.
The total City Population for Jackson is about 998 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $475,195, which is roughly 48% higher than the Average Home Value of $246,084 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 60% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $70,341, which is roughly 6% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $74,998 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 18% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.05
Male Population Estimate: 44.2%
Female Population Estimate: 55.8%
Median Age: 56.5
Male Median Age: 54.4
Female Median Age: 55.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Jackson specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Carroll County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Carroll County: About 181.49 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Carroll County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 37% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Jackson is about 3.5%.
New Hampshire is ranked #26 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 45.44 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 24.03
The average living wage for the state of New Hampshire is $30.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New Hampshire a minimum wage score of 8.14 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $3.26/hr, which gives New Hampshire a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 29.06 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New Hampshire is $165.88, resulting in a UI benefit score of 19.37 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X New Hampshire does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New Hampshire does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New Hampshire does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X New Hampshire does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid family leave.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ New Hampshire does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New Hampshire does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X New Hampshire does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New Hampshire does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New Hampshire does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New Hampshire does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X New Hampshire does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New Hampshire does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X New Hampshire does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New Hampshire does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Glen, NH ( 5.10 mi. )
- Harts Lctn, NH ( 6.49 mi. )
- Harts Location, NH ( 6.49 mi. )
- Chatham, NH ( 7.04 mi. )
- Bartlett, NH ( 7.51 mi. )
- Intervale, NH ( 7.94 mi. )
- Kearsarge, NH ( 8.27 mi. )
- Mount Washington, NH ( 8.87 mi. )
- Mt Washington, NH ( 8.87 mi. )
- North Chatham, NH ( 9.40 mi. )
- Stow, ME ( 10.29 mi. )
- North Conway, NH ( 10.36 mi. )
- South Chatham, NH ( 10.64 mi. )
- North Fryeburg, ME ( 11.32 mi. )
- Hales Lctn, NH ( 11.85 mi. )
- Hales Location, NH ( 11.85 mi. )
- N Conway, NH ( 11.85 mi. )
- No Conway, NH ( 11.85 mi. )
- Conway, NH ( 13.41 mi. )
- Bretton Woods, NH ( 13.53 mi. )
- Center Conway, NH ( 14.50 mi. )
- Gorham, NH ( 14.58 mi. )
- Center Lovell, ME ( 14.67 mi. )
- Lovell, ME ( 15.03 mi. )
- Albany, NH ( 15.05 mi. )
- Shelburne, NH ( 15.05 mi. )
- Fryeburg, ME ( 15.26 mi. )
- N Fryeburg, ME ( 15.36 mi. )
- Stoneham, ME ( 15.87 mi. )
- Randolph, NH ( 16.03 mi. )
- E Stoneham, ME ( 16.11 mi. )
- Carroll, NH ( 17.60 mi. )
- Twin Mountain, NH ( 18.40 mi. )
- Sweden, ME ( 18.98 mi. )
- Gilead, ME ( 19.00 mi. )
- Eaton Center, NH ( 19.66 mi. )
- Madison, NH ( 19.76 mi. )
- Jefferson, NH ( 20.08 mi. )
- Eaton Ctr, NH ( 20.21 mi. )
- Lincoln, NH ( 20.30 mi. )
- Silver Lake, NH ( 20.43 mi. )
- Eaton, NH ( 20.62 mi. )
- Wonalancet, NH ( 20.73 mi. )
- Bethlehem, NH ( 20.88 mi. )
- North Waterford, ME ( 21.02 mi. )
- Chocorua, NH ( 21.11 mi. )
- Berlin, NH ( 21.22 mi. )
- Waterville Vly, NH ( 21.41 mi. )
- Watervl Vly, NH ( 21.41 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 03846
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1752.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 603