About Groton, NH
Groton, NH is located in Grafton County in the state of New Hampshire.
The total City Population for Groton is about 464 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $225,520, which is roughly 18% lower than the Average Home Value of $275,646 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 4% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $69,167, which is roughly 18% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $84,357 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 6% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.32
Male Population Estimate: 53.7%
Female Population Estimate: 46.3%
Median Age: 51.5
Male Median Age: 49.7
Female Median Age: 49.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Groton specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Grafton County: About 2.07484 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Grafton County: About 166.83 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Grafton County is about 47% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 42% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Groton is about 1.6%.
New Hampshire is ranked #26 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 45.44 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 24.03
The average living wage for the state of New Hampshire is $30.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New Hampshire a minimum wage score of 8.14 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $3.26/hr, which gives New Hampshire a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 29.06 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New Hampshire is $165.88, resulting in a UI benefit score of 19.37 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X New Hampshire does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New Hampshire does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New Hampshire does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X New Hampshire does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid family leave.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ New Hampshire does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New Hampshire does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X New Hampshire does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New Hampshire does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New Hampshire does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New Hampshire does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X New Hampshire does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New Hampshire does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X New Hampshire does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New Hampshire does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- E Hebron, NH ( 2.07 mi. )
- Hebron, NH ( 4.85 mi. )
- East Hebron, NH ( 5.76 mi. )
- Rumney, NH ( 6.21 mi. )
- Dorchester, NH ( 6.33 mi. )
- Plymouth, NH ( 6.88 mi. )
- Orange, NH ( 7.41 mi. )
- Alexandria, NH ( 8.56 mi. )
- Wentworth, NH ( 8.66 mi. )
- Bridgewater, NH ( 9.79 mi. )
- Canaan, NH ( 10.45 mi. )
- Bristol, NH ( 10.86 mi. )
- Ashland, NH ( 11.65 mi. )
- Ellsworth, NH ( 11.80 mi. )
- Campton, NH ( 12.14 mi. )
- Grafton, NH ( 12.95 mi. )
- Lyme, NH ( 13.41 mi. )
- Holderness, NH ( 13.57 mi. )
- Lyme Center, NH ( 13.63 mi. )
- Warren, NH ( 13.88 mi. )
- New Hampton, NH ( 14.01 mi. )
- Orford, NH ( 14.62 mi. )
- Danbury, NH ( 15.03 mi. )
- Hill, NH ( 15.93 mi. )
- Enfield, NH ( 16.33 mi. )
- Thornton, NH ( 16.40 mi. )
- Enfield Center, NH ( 16.48 mi. )
- Glencliff, NH ( 16.50 mi. )
- Enfield Ctr, NH ( 16.50 mi. )
- Hanover, NH ( 16.64 mi. )
- East Thetford, VT ( 17.02 mi. )
- North Thetford, VT ( 17.58 mi. )
- Center Harbor, NH ( 17.62 mi. )
- N Thetford, VT ( 17.93 mi. )
- Piermont, NH ( 18.00 mi. )
- Etna, NH ( 18.41 mi. )
- Centre Harbor, NH ( 18.42 mi. )
- Ctr Harbor, NH ( 18.42 mi. )
- Woodstock, NH ( 18.53 mi. )
- E Thetford, VT ( 18.53 mi. )
- E Andover, NH ( 19.03 mi. )
- Thetford Hill, VT ( 19.08 mi. )
- W Springfield, NH ( 19.39 mi. )
- Springfield, NH ( 19.52 mi. )
- Fairlee, VT ( 19.57 mi. )
- Meredith, NH ( 19.57 mi. )
- West Springfield, NH ( 19.68 mi. )
- Sanbornton, NH ( 19.80 mi. )
- Brm J Jill, NH ( 19.97 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 03241, 03266 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 818.5 ft.
Area Code(s): 603