About Chatham, NH
Chatham, NH is located in Carroll County in the state of New Hampshire.
The total City Population for Chatham is about 417 with about 3 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $228,774, which is roughly 17% lower than the Average Home Value of $275,646 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 5% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $71,964, which is roughly 15% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $84,357 for the state of New Hampshire, and roughly 10% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.36
Male Population Estimate: 55.9%
Female Population Estimate: 44.1%
Median Age: 49
Male Median Age: 44.5
Female Median Age: 46.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Chatham specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Carroll County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Carroll County: About 181.49 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Carroll County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 37% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Chatham is about 3.6%.
New Hampshire is ranked #26 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 45.44 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 24.03
The average living wage for the state of New Hampshire is $30.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives New Hampshire a minimum wage score of 8.14 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $3.26/hr, which gives New Hampshire a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 29.06 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for New Hampshire is $165.88, resulting in a UI benefit score of 19.37 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X New Hampshire does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ New Hampshire does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ New Hampshire does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X New Hampshire does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid family leave.
X New Hampshire does provide some form of paid sick leave.
✓ New Hampshire does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ New Hampshire does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X New Hampshire does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X New Hampshire does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ New Hampshire does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ New Hampshire does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X New Hampshire does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ New Hampshire does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X New Hampshire does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ New Hampshire does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ New Hampshire does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Stow, ME ( 3.92 mi. )
- North Fryeburg, ME ( 4.68 mi. )
- South Chatham, NH ( 4.89 mi. )
- North Chatham, NH ( 5.53 mi. )
- Jackson, NH ( 7.04 mi. )
- Kearsarge, NH ( 7.11 mi. )
- Glen, NH ( 7.68 mi. )
- Intervale, NH ( 7.77 mi. )
- Center Lovell, ME ( 7.80 mi. )
- Lovell, ME ( 8.27 mi. )
- N Fryeburg, ME ( 8.87 mi. )
- North Conway, NH ( 9.32 mi. )
- Fryeburg, ME ( 9.39 mi. )
- Hales Lctn, NH ( 9.70 mi. )
- Hales Location, NH ( 9.70 mi. )
- N Conway, NH ( 9.70 mi. )
- No Conway, NH ( 9.70 mi. )
- Stoneham, ME ( 10.47 mi. )
- E Stoneham, ME ( 10.59 mi. )
- Conway, NH ( 10.90 mi. )
- Bartlett, NH ( 10.91 mi. )
- Center Conway, NH ( 11.80 mi. )
- Sweden, ME ( 11.94 mi. )
- Harts Lctn, NH ( 12.04 mi. )
- Harts Location, NH ( 12.04 mi. )
- North Waterford, ME ( 14.58 mi. )
- Mount Washington, NH ( 14.87 mi. )
- Mt Washington, NH ( 14.87 mi. )
- Shelburne, NH ( 15.59 mi. )
- Waterford, ME ( 16.40 mi. )
- South Waterford, ME ( 16.42 mi. )
- N Waterford, ME ( 16.72 mi. )
- Gilead, ME ( 16.89 mi. )
- Albany, NH ( 17.20 mi. )
- Brownfield, ME ( 17.33 mi. )
- Bridgton, ME ( 17.47 mi. )
- Denmark, ME ( 17.49 mi. )
- Gorham, NH ( 17.60 mi. )
- Eaton Ctr, NH ( 17.68 mi. )
- Eaton Center, NH ( 17.78 mi. )
- N Bridgton, ME ( 17.86 mi. )
- North Bridgton, ME ( 17.93 mi. )
- Eaton, NH ( 18.15 mi. )
- West Bethel, ME ( 18.77 mi. )
- Madison, NH ( 19.08 mi. )
- Albany Twp, ME ( 19.73 mi. )
- Mason Twp, ME ( 19.73 mi. )
- Silver Lake, NH ( 20.16 mi. )
- Bretton Woods, NH ( 20.47 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 03813
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1679.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 603