About Murray, NE
Murray, NE is located in Cass County in the state of Nebraska.
The total City Population for Murray is about 467 with about 260 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $145,704, which is roughly 24% higher than the Average Home Value of $110,358 for the state of Nebraska, and roughly 23% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $56,000, which is roughly 1% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $56,634 for the state of Nebraska, and roughly 3% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.57
Male Population Estimate: 46.5%
Female Population Estimate: 53.5%
Median Age: 40.4
Male Median Age: 41.5
Female Median Age: 44.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Murray specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Cass County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Cass County: About 125.621 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Cass County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 56% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Murray is about 7.2%.
Nebraska is ranked #25 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 46.35 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 32.54
The average living wage for the state of Nebraska is $31.44/hr, while the states minimum wage is $9.00/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Nebraska a minimum wage score of 35.2 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Nebraska a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 1.61 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Nebraska is $180.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 26.56 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Nebraska does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Nebraska does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Nebraska does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Nebraska does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Nebraska does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Nebraska does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Nebraska does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Nebraska does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Nebraska does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Nebraska does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Nebraska does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Nebraska does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Nebraska does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Nebraska does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Nebraska does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Nebraska does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Nebraska does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Nebraska does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Plattsmouth, NE ( 6.38 mi. )
- Nehawka, NE ( 6.84 mi. )
- Union, NE ( 7.04 mi. )
- Bartlett, IA ( 7.21 mi. )
- Pacific Jct, IA ( 9.01 mi. )
- Pacific Junction, IA ( 9.66 mi. )
- La Platte, NE ( 10.74 mi. )
- Thurman, IA ( 11.42 mi. )
- Weeping Water, NE ( 11.60 mi. )
- Manley, NE ( 12.48 mi. )
- Wyoming, NE ( 12.48 mi. )
- Cedar Creek, NE ( 12.74 mi. )
- Percival, IA ( 12.84 mi. )
- Avoca, NE ( 13.01 mi. )
- Glenwood, IA ( 13.14 mi. )
- St Columbans, NE ( 13.18 mi. )
- Tabor, IA ( 13.29 mi. )
- Louisville, NE ( 13.42 mi. )
- Offutt Air Force Base, NE ( 14.11 mi. )
- Offutt AFB, NE ( 14.12 mi. )
- Capehart, NE ( 14.55 mi. )
- Richfield, NE ( 15.53 mi. )
- Springfield, NE ( 15.88 mi. )
- Bellevue, NE ( 16.05 mi. )
- Otoe, NE ( 16.69 mi. )
- Nebraska City, NE ( 16.93 mi. )
- Wabash, NE ( 17.23 mi. )
- South Bend, NE ( 17.74 mi. )
- Papillion, NE ( 17.77 mi. )
- Dunbar, NE ( 17.95 mi. )
- Murdock, NE ( 18.49 mi. )
- Nebr City, NE ( 18.49 mi. )
- Malvern, IA ( 18.85 mi. )
- Sidney, IA ( 18.85 mi. )
- Randolph, IA ( 19.13 mi. )
- Lavista, NE ( 19.29 mi. )
- Mineola, IA ( 19.69 mi. )
- La Vista, NE ( 19.71 mi. )
- Elmwood, NE ( 19.87 mi. )
- Silver City, IA ( 20.20 mi. )
- Ralston, NE ( 20.42 mi. )
- Syracuse, NE ( 21.99 mi. )
- Co Bluffs, IA ( 22.01 mi. )
- Council Blfs, IA ( 22.01 mi. )
- Manawa, IA ( 22.01 mi. )
- Paul, NE ( 22.22 mi. )
- Gretna, NE ( 22.26 mi. )
- Council Bluffs, IA ( 22.48 mi. )
- Lorton, NE ( 22.62 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 68409
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1260.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 402