U City's Livability
About U City, MO
U City, MO is located in St. Louis County in the state of Missouri.
The total City Population for U City is about 30,084 with about 5,981 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $263,400, which is roughly 54% higher than the Average Home Value of $120,304 for the state of Missouri, and roughly 28% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $64,097, which is roughly 24% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $48,798 for the state of Missouri, and roughly 10% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.27
Male Population Estimate: 47.3%
Female Population Estimate: 52.7%
Median Age: 34.6
Male Median Age: 32.4
Female Median Age: 37.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of U City specifically.
Average # of Homicides for St. Louis County: About 12.7411 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for St. Louis County: About 344.487 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
St. Louis County is about 69% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 16% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for U City is about 2.3%.
Missouri is ranked #31 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.26 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 43.58
The average living wage for the state of Missouri is $31.55/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.30/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Missouri a minimum wage score of 56.09 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.15/hr, which gives Missouri a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.55 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Missouri is $214.24, resulting in a UI benefit score of 47.41 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Missouri does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Missouri does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Missouri does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Missouri does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Missouri does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Missouri does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Missouri does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Missouri does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Missouri does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Missouri does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Missouri does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Missouri does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Missouri does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Missouri does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Missouri does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Missouri does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Missouri does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Missouri does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Univ City, MO ( 0.00 mi. )
- University Cy, MO ( 0.00 mi. )
- University City, MO ( 0.50 mi. )
- Pagedale, MO ( 1.25 mi. )
- Hanley Hills, MO ( 1.38 mi. )
- Clayton, MO ( 1.54 mi. )
- Wellston, MO ( 1.64 mi. )
- Vinita Park, MO ( 1.83 mi. )
- Greendale, MO ( 2.00 mi. )
- Hillsdale, MO ( 2.35 mi. )
- Richmond Heights, MO ( 2.48 mi. )
- Velda City, MO ( 2.50 mi. )
- Richmond Hts, MO ( 2.55 mi. )
- Velda Village Hills, MO ( 2.61 mi. )
- Charlack, MO ( 2.79 mi. )
- Beverly Hills, MO ( 2.81 mi. )
- Uplands Park, MO ( 2.82 mi. )
- Sycamore Hills, MO ( 2.84 mi. )
- Bel Nor, MO ( 3.06 mi. )
- Bel Ridge, MO ( 3.06 mi. )
- Bellerive, MO ( 3.06 mi. )
- Glen Echo Pk, MO ( 3.06 mi. )
- Olivette, MO ( 3.07 mi. )
- Normandy, MO ( 3.08 mi. )
- Brecknrdg Hls, MO ( 3.19 mi. )
- Vinita Terrace, MO ( 3.19 mi. )
- Pine Lawn, MO ( 3.23 mi. )
- Overland, MO ( 3.29 mi. )
- Pasadena Hills, MO ( 3.35 mi. )
- Northwoods, MO ( 3.37 mi. )
- Pasadena Park, MO ( 3.40 mi. )
- Brentwood, MO ( 3.48 mi. )
- Goodfellow Terrace, MO ( 3.68 mi. )
- Maplewood, MO ( 3.71 mi. )
- Ladue, MO ( 3.74 mi. )
- Norwood Court, MO ( 3.77 mi. )
- Louis, MO ( 4.10 mi. )
- Cool Valley, MO ( 4.19 mi. )
- Breckenridge Hills, MO ( 4.26 mi. )
- Country Club Hills, MO ( 4.57 mi. )
- Rock Hill, MO ( 4.61 mi. )
- Flordell Hills, MO ( 4.72 mi. )
- Woodson Terrace, MO ( 4.79 mi. )
- Kinloch, MO ( 5.02 mi. )
- Jennings, MO ( 5.04 mi. )
- Edmundson, MO ( 5.33 mi. )
- Berkeley, MO ( 5.44 mi. )
- Webster Grvs, MO ( 5.45 mi. )
- Shrewsbury, MO ( 5.48 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 63130
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 511.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 314