About Steedman, MO
Steedman, MO is located in Callaway County in the state of Missouri.
The total City Population for Steedman is about 1,122 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $147,500, which is roughly 18% higher than the Average Home Value of $120,304 for the state of Missouri, and roughly 22% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $48,125, which is roughly 1% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $48,798 for the state of Missouri, and roughly 16% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.32
Male Population Estimate: 50.3%
Female Population Estimate: 49.7%
Median Age: 45.2
Male Median Age: 45.9
Female Median Age: 44.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Steedman specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Callaway County: About 3.18791 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Callaway County: About 367.54 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Callaway County is about 19% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 22% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Missouri is ranked #31 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.26 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 43.58
The average living wage for the state of Missouri is $31.55/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.30/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Missouri a minimum wage score of 56.09 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.15/hr, which gives Missouri a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.55 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Missouri is $214.24, resulting in a UI benefit score of 47.41 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Missouri does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Missouri does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Missouri does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Missouri does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Missouri does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Missouri does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Missouri does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Missouri does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Missouri does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Missouri does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Missouri does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Missouri does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Missouri does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Missouri does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Missouri does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Missouri does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Missouri does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Missouri does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Chamois, MO ( 3.25 mi. )
- Mokane, MO ( 3.60 mi. )
- Reform, MO ( 4.67 mi. )
- Portland, MO ( 5.42 mi. )
- Readsville, MO ( 8.70 mi. )
- Tebbetts, MO ( 9.63 mi. )
- Frankenstein, MO ( 9.66 mi. )
- Luystown, MO ( 10.17 mi. )
- Morrison, MO ( 10.21 mi. )
- Dixie, MO ( 10.36 mi. )
- Bluffton, MO ( 10.42 mi. )
- Mint Hill, MO ( 11.40 mi. )
- Fredericksburg, MO ( 11.64 mi. )
- Bonnots Mill, MO ( 11.83 mi. )
- Fulton, MO ( 12.61 mi. )
- Pershing, MO ( 14.08 mi. )
- Gasconade, MO ( 14.11 mi. )
- Starkenburg, MO ( 14.48 mi. )
- Americus, MO ( 14.63 mi. )
- New Bloomfield, MO ( 14.76 mi. )
- New Bloomfld, MO ( 14.79 mi. )
- Carrington, MO ( 14.84 mi. )
- Calwood, MO ( 15.00 mi. )
- Guthrie, MO ( 15.43 mi. )
- Loose Creek, MO ( 15.53 mi. )
- Lake Mykee Town, MO ( 15.56 mi. )
- Lake Mykee, MO ( 15.66 mi. )
- Linn, MO ( 15.67 mi. )
- Wainwright, MO ( 15.88 mi. )
- Williamsburg, MO ( 16.14 mi. )
- Rhineland, MO ( 16.23 mi. )
- Holts Summit, MO ( 16.45 mi. )
- Kingdom City, MO ( 17.96 mi. )
- Schubert, MO ( 17.98 mi. )
- Freedom, MO ( 18.01 mi. )
- Mineola, MO ( 18.33 mi. )
- Taos, MO ( 18.65 mi. )
- Mount Sterling, MO ( 19.50 mi. )
- Bachelor, MO ( 20.08 mi. )
- Big Springs, MO ( 20.09 mi. )
- McKittrick, MO ( 20.27 mi. )
- Westphalia, MO ( 20.68 mi. )
- Hermann, MO ( 20.69 mi. )
- Cooper Hill, MO ( 20.94 mi. )
- Danville, MO ( 21.03 mi. )
- Swiss, MO ( 21.11 mi. )
- Div Of Employment Sec, MO ( 21.13 mi. )
- Div Of Family Services, MO ( 21.13 mi. )
- Div Of Income Tax Due, MO ( 21.13 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 65077
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 850.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 573