About Briar, MO
Briar, MO is located in Ripley County in the state of Missouri.
The total population for Ripley County is about 2,296 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $80,309 for Ripley County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $120,304 for the state of Missouri, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $48,798 for the state of Missouri, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: N/A
Female Population Estimate: N/A
Median Age: N/A
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Briar specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Ripley County: About 10.4305 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Ripley County: About 361.237 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Ripley County is about 62% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 20% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Missouri is ranked #31 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.26 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 43.58
The average living wage for the state of Missouri is $31.55/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.30/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Missouri a minimum wage score of 56.09 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.15/hr, which gives Missouri a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.55 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Missouri is $214.24, resulting in a UI benefit score of 47.41 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Missouri does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Missouri does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Missouri does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Missouri does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Missouri does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Missouri does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Missouri does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Missouri does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Missouri does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Missouri does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Missouri does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Missouri does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Missouri does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Missouri does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Missouri does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Missouri does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Missouri does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Missouri does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Bennett, MO ( 6.16 mi. )
- Gatewood, MO ( 8.42 mi. )
- Doniphan, MO ( 8.48 mi. )
- Poynor, MO ( 9.40 mi. )
- Warm Springs, AR ( 12.19 mi. )
- Grandin, MO ( 15.07 mi. )
- Maynard, AR ( 16.15 mi. )
- Oxly, MO ( 16.53 mi. )
- Myrtle, MO ( 19.00 mi. )
- Success, AR ( 19.24 mi. )
- Fairdealing, MO ( 20.16 mi. )
- Naylor, MO ( 20.93 mi. )
- Eastwood, MO ( 22.23 mi. )
- Datto, AR ( 22.24 mi. )
- Couch, MO ( 22.98 mi. )
- Reyno, AR ( 23.10 mi. )
- Ellsinore, MO ( 23.22 mi. )
- Chicopee, MO ( 23.32 mi. )
- Fremont, MO ( 23.47 mi. )
- South Van Buren, MO ( 23.57 mi. )
- Alton, MO ( 23.60 mi. )
- Biggers, AR ( 23.73 mi. )
- Van Buren, MO ( 24.94 mi. )
- Ravenden Spgs, AR ( 25.71 mi. )
- House Creek, MO ( 25.98 mi. )
- Neelyville, MO ( 26.17 mi. )
- Pocahontas, AR ( 26.58 mi. )
- Corning, AR ( 26.95 mi. )
- Ravenden Springs, AR ( 27.06 mi. )
- Harviell, MO ( 27.55 mi. )
- Garwood, MO ( 29.32 mi. )
- Shannon, AR ( 30.35 mi. )
- Knobel, AR ( 30.58 mi. )
- Peach Orchard, AR ( 30.68 mi. )
- Winona, MO ( 31.45 mi. )
- Poplar Bluff, MO ( 31.91 mi. )
- Delaplaine, AR ( 31.94 mi. )
- Ravenden, AR ( 32.08 mi. )
- Williamsville, MO ( 32.46 mi. )
- Thomasville, MO ( 32.65 mi. )
- Thayer, MO ( 32.73 mi. )
- Imboden, AR ( 33.02 mi. )
- Mill Spring, MO ( 33.04 mi. )
- Mammoth Spring, AR ( 33.36 mi. )
- O Kean, AR ( 34.47 mi. )
- Williford, AR ( 34.87 mi. )
- Hardy, AR ( 36.22 mi. )
- Mc Dougal, AR ( 36.80 mi. )
- Birch Tree, MO ( 37.47 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 63935
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 632.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 573