About Branson, MO
Branson, MO is located in Taney County in the state of Missouri.
The total City Population for Branson is about 12,579 with about 210 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $170,513, which is roughly 29% higher than the Average Home Value of $120,304 for the state of Missouri, and roughly 10% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $45,669, which is roughly 6% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $48,798 for the state of Missouri, and roughly 21% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.93
Male Population Estimate: 43.5%
Female Population Estimate: 56.5%
Median Age: 39.6
Male Median Age: 30.5
Female Median Age: 33.0
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Branson specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Taney County: About 3.38306 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Taney County: About 347.327 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Taney County is about 14% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 17% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Branson is about 3.2%.
Missouri is ranked #31 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.26 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 43.58
The average living wage for the state of Missouri is $31.55/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.30/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Missouri a minimum wage score of 56.09 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.15/hr, which gives Missouri a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 35.55 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Missouri is $214.24, resulting in a UI benefit score of 47.41 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Missouri does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Missouri does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Missouri does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Missouri does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Missouri does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Missouri does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Missouri does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Missouri does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Missouri does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Missouri does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Missouri does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Missouri does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Missouri does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Missouri does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Missouri does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Missouri does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Missouri does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Missouri does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Gretna, MO ( 0.69 mi. )
- Bull Creek Village, MO ( 1.58 mi. )
- Silver Dollar City, MO ( 1.58 mi. )
- Point Lookout, MO ( 2.53 mi. )
- Hollister, MO ( 3.53 mi. )
- Kirbyville, MO ( 6.10 mi. )
- Rockaway Beach, MO ( 6.65 mi. )
- Walnut Shade, MO ( 6.85 mi. )
- Branson West, MO ( 7.26 mi. )
- Merriam Vlg, MO ( 7.27 mi. )
- Merriam Woods Village, MO ( 7.27 mi. )
- Rockaway Bch, MO ( 7.27 mi. )
- Powersite, MO ( 7.89 mi. )
- Kimberling City, MO ( 8.89 mi. )
- Reeds Spring, MO ( 8.91 mi. )
- Mildred, MO ( 9.15 mi. )
- Forsyth, MO ( 9.30 mi. )
- Kimberling Cy, MO ( 10.29 mi. )
- Ridgedale, MO ( 10.38 mi. )
- Mincy, MO ( 10.40 mi. )
- Lampe, MO ( 11.39 mi. )
- Blue Eye, MO ( 11.48 mi. )
- Kissee Mills, MO ( 12.05 mi. )
- Saddlebrooke, MO ( 12.56 mi. )
- Chestnutridge, MO ( 12.85 mi. )
- Omaha, AR ( 13.89 mi. )
- Taneyville, MO ( 13.98 mi. )
- Cape Fair, MO ( 14.71 mi. )
- Spokane, MO ( 14.97 mi. )
- Cedarcreek, MO ( 15.55 mi. )
- Galena, MO ( 15.67 mi. )
- Oak Grove, AR ( 15.86 mi. )
- Ponce de Leon, MO ( 16.28 mi. )
- Lead Hill, MO ( 18.27 mi. )
- Viola, MO ( 18.45 mi. )
- Shell Knob, MO ( 18.68 mi. )
- Garrison, MO ( 18.73 mi. )
- Highlandville, MO ( 20.11 mi. )
- Bradleyville, MO ( 21.70 mi. )
- Urbanette, AR ( 21.88 mi. )
- Rueter, MO ( 22.06 mi. )
- Finley, MO ( 22.17 mi. )
- Chadwick, MO ( 22.41 mi. )
- Hurley, MO ( 23.29 mi. )
- Diamond City, AR ( 23.60 mi. )
- Green Forest, AR ( 23.73 mi. )
- Golden, MO ( 23.78 mi. )
- Protem, MO ( 23.97 mi. )
- Crane, MO ( 24.34 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 65615, 65616 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 858.2 ft.
Area Code(s): 417