About Elliott, MS
Elliott, MS is located in Grenada County in the state of Mississippi.
The total City Population for Elliott is about 904 with about 66 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $96,675 for Grenada County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $91,745 for the state of Mississippi, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $52,235, which is roughly 25% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $39,280 for the state of Mississippi, and roughly 9% lower higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: 49.1%
Female Population Estimate: 50.9%
Median Age: 49.1
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Elliott specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Grenada County: About 23.485 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Grenada County: About 432.124 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2018)
Grenada County is about 83% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 33% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Mississippi is ranked #50 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 8.08 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.7
The average living wage for the state of Mississippi is $30.09/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Mississippi a minimum wage score of 11.66 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Mississippi a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Mississippi is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.82 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Mississippi does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
X Mississippi does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Mississippi does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Mississippi does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Mississippi does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Mississippi does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Mississippi does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Mississippi does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Mississippi does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Mississippi does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Mississippi does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Mississippi does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Mississippi does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Mississippi does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Mississippi does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Mississippi does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Mississippi does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Mississippi does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Tie Plant, MS ( 4.08 mi. )
- Duck Hill, MS ( 4.64 mi. )
- Futheyville, MS ( 6.35 mi. )
- Geeslin Corner, MS ( 6.35 mi. )
- Sunnycrest, MS ( 6.35 mi. )
- Grenada, MS ( 7.14 mi. )
- Eskridge, MS ( 8.53 mi. )
- Nason, MS ( 8.68 mi. )
- Gore Springs, MS ( 8.94 mi. )
- Jefferson, MS ( 9.14 mi. )
- Mc Carley, MS ( 9.64 mi. )
- Sweatman, MS ( 10.68 mi. )
- Dubard, MS ( 11.21 mi. )
- McCarley, MS ( 12.52 mi. )
- Holcomb, MS ( 13.64 mi. )
- Hardy, MS ( 13.90 mi. )
- Winona, MS ( 13.98 mi. )
- Alva, MS ( 14.57 mi. )
- North Carrollton, MS ( 15.30 mi. )
- Carrollton, MS ( 16.10 mi. )
- Bryant, MS ( 16.43 mi. )
- Youngs, MS ( 16.78 mi. )
- Hendrix, MS ( 17.09 mi. )
- Rosebloom, MS ( 17.15 mi. )
- Cadaretta, MS ( 17.34 mi. )
- Oxberry, MS ( 17.50 mi. )
- Sabougla, MS ( 17.56 mi. )
- Gums, MS ( 17.79 mi. )
- Dentontown, MS ( 18.11 mi. )
- Cascilla, MS ( 18.42 mi. )
- Scobey, MS ( 18.46 mi. )
- Paul, MS ( 19.08 mi. )
- Avalon, MS ( 19.30 mi. )
- Gatewood, MS ( 19.59 mi. )
- Murphreesboro, MS ( 20.00 mi. )
- Coffeeville, MS ( 20.07 mi. )
- Kilmichael, MS ( 20.37 mi. )
- Tyson, MS ( 20.95 mi. )
- Greenwood Leflore Airport, MS ( 21.51 mi. )
- Coles Creek, MS ( 21.58 mi. )
- Sibleton, MS ( 21.88 mi. )
- Tillatoba, MS ( 21.89 mi. )
- Benwood, MS ( 21.93 mi. )
- Valley Hill, MS ( 21.95 mi. )
- Big Creek, MS ( 22.09 mi. )
- Slate Spring, MS ( 22.14 mi. )
- Calhoun Cty, MS ( 22.14 mi. )
- Calhoun Cy, MS ( 22.14 mi. )
- G Wood, MS ( 22.67 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 38901, 38925 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 230.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 662