About Deerbrook, MS
Deerbrook, MS is located in Noxubee County in the state of Mississippi.
The total City Population for Deerbrook is about 2,957 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $64,500, which is roughly 37% lower than the Average Home Value of $101,622 for the state of Mississippi, and roughly 70% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $33,824, which is roughly 20% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $42,496 for the state of Mississippi, and roughly 48% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.63
Male Population Estimate: 46.5%
Female Population Estimate: 53.5%
Median Age: 36.6
Male Median Age: 34.9
Female Median Age: 38.1
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Deerbrook specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Noxubee County: About 14.4777 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Noxubee County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Noxubee County is about 73% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 100% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Mississippi is ranked #50 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 8.08 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.7
The average living wage for the state of Mississippi is $30.09/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Mississippi a minimum wage score of 11.66 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Mississippi a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Mississippi is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.82 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Mississippi does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
X Mississippi does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Mississippi does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Mississippi does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Mississippi does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Mississippi does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Mississippi does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Mississippi does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Mississippi does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Mississippi does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Mississippi does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Mississippi does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Mississippi does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Mississippi does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Mississippi does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Mississippi does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Mississippi does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Mississippi does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Cliftonville, MS ( 3.56 mi. )
- Brooksville, MS ( 5.28 mi. )
- Bigbee Valley, MS ( 7.95 mi. )
- Prairie Point, MS ( 8.12 mi. )
- Macon, MS ( 8.82 mi. )
- Crawford, MS ( 9.25 mi. )
- Penns, MS ( 11.80 mi. )
- Pickensville, AL ( 12.26 mi. )
- Fairlane, MS ( 12.71 mi. )
- G T Airport, MS ( 12.71 mi. )
- Golden Triangle Regional Air, MS ( 12.71 mi. )
- Lynn Creek, MS ( 14.09 mi. )
- Artesia, MS ( 15.39 mi. )
- Paulette, MS ( 16.82 mi. )
- Oktoc, MS ( 17.02 mi. )
- New Hope, MS ( 17.19 mi. )
- Cochrane, AL ( 17.98 mi. )
- Shuqualak, MS ( 18.32 mi. )
- Macedonia, AL ( 18.38 mi. )
- McMullen, AL ( 18.95 mi. )
- Mayhew, MS ( 19.21 mi. )
- Columbus, MS ( 19.39 mi. )
- McCrary, MS ( 19.66 mi. )
- Ethelsville, AL ( 19.90 mi. )
- Aliceville, AL ( 20.43 mi. )
- Tibbee, MS ( 21.89 mi. )
- Clayton Village, MS ( 22.64 mi. )
- Carrollton, AL ( 22.69 mi. )
- Mc Shan, AL ( 22.76 mi. )
- Mississippi State, MS ( 23.05 mi. )
- Miss State, MS ( 23.28 mi. )
- Mississippi State University, MS ( 23.28 mi. )
- Ms St, MS ( 23.28 mi. )
- MS State, MS ( 23.28 mi. )
- MS State Univ, MS ( 23.28 mi. )
- MSU, MS ( 23.28 mi. )
- State College, MS ( 23.28 mi. )
- Old Memphis, AL ( 23.35 mi. )
- Panola, AL ( 23.57 mi. )
- Patrick, MS ( 23.96 mi. )
- Osborn, MS ( 23.97 mi. )
- Bells School, MS ( 24.28 mi. )
- Blackjack, MS ( 24.28 mi. )
- Steens, MS ( 24.69 mi. )
- Muldrow, MS ( 24.90 mi. )
- Starkville, MS ( 25.17 mi. )
- Craig Springs, MS ( 25.77 mi. )
- Coal Fire, AL ( 25.95 mi. )
- Stansel, AL ( 26.12 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 39739
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 207.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 662