About Coila, MS
Coila, MS is located in Carroll County in the state of Mississippi.
The total City Population for Coila is about 2,586 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $90,500, which is roughly 11% lower than the Average Home Value of $101,622 for the state of Mississippi, and roughly 58% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $58,125, which is roughly 27% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $42,496 for the state of Mississippi, and roughly 11% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.63
Male Population Estimate: 49%
Female Population Estimate: 51%
Median Age: 43.2
Male Median Age: 42.9
Female Median Age: 43.4
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Coila specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Carroll County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Carroll County: About 113.24 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2016)
Carroll County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 61% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Mississippi is ranked #50 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 8.08 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 7.7
The average living wage for the state of Mississippi is $30.09/hr, while the states minimum wage is $7.25/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Mississippi a minimum wage score of 11.66 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13/hr, which gives Mississippi a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 8.97 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Mississippi is $145.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 8.82 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Mississippi does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
X Mississippi does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
X Mississippi does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Mississippi does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Mississippi does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Mississippi does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Mississippi does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Mississippi does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Mississippi does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Mississippi does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
X Mississippi does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
X Mississippi does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Mississippi does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Mississippi does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Mississippi does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Mississippi does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Mississippi does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
X Mississippi does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Black Hawk, MS ( 5.32 mi. )
- Carrollton, MS ( 8.12 mi. )
- North Carrollton, MS ( 9.02 mi. )
- Valley Hill, MS ( 9.13 mi. )
- Holly Grove, MS ( 11.52 mi. )
- McCarley, MS ( 11.85 mi. )
- Vaiden, MS ( 13.28 mi. )
- Sidon, MS ( 13.68 mi. )
- Rising Sun, MS ( 14.37 mi. )
- Mc Carley, MS ( 14.46 mi. )
- Kerin, MS ( 14.46 mi. )
- G Wood, MS ( 14.92 mi. )
- Greenwood, MS ( 15.43 mi. )
- Winona, MS ( 15.46 mi. )
- Roebuck, MS ( 15.55 mi. )
- Cruger, MS ( 16.04 mi. )
- Jefferson, MS ( 16.95 mi. )
- West, MS ( 17.48 mi. )
- Phillipstown, MS ( 17.75 mi. )
- Avalon, MS ( 19.10 mi. )
- Quito, MS ( 19.25 mi. )
- Murdock Crossing, MS ( 19.38 mi. )
- Lexington, MS ( 19.80 mi. )
- Eskridge, MS ( 19.92 mi. )
- Hendrix, MS ( 20.37 mi. )
- Tchula, MS ( 20.65 mi. )
- Morgan City, MS ( 21.64 mi. )
- Itta Bena, MS ( 21.66 mi. )
- Duck Hill, MS ( 21.97 mi. )
- Possumneck, MS ( 21.99 mi. )
- Durant, MS ( 22.77 mi. )
- Colony Town, MS ( 22.80 mi. )
- Mississippi Valley State Col, MS ( 22.80 mi. )
- Murdock Xing, MS ( 22.80 mi. )
- Mvsu, MS ( 22.80 mi. )
- Shellmound, MS ( 22.98 mi. )
- Nason, MS ( 23.01 mi. )
- Berclair, MS ( 23.30 mi. )
- Kilmichael, MS ( 23.53 mi. )
- Elliott, MS ( 24.00 mi. )
- Poplar Creek, MS ( 24.15 mi. )
- Sibleton, MS ( 24.83 mi. )
- Holcomb, MS ( 25.46 mi. )
- Tie Plant, MS ( 26.07 mi. )
- Mileston, MS ( 26.30 mi. )
- Beelake, MS ( 26.49 mi. )
- Dubard, MS ( 26.49 mi. )
- Swiftown, MS ( 26.90 mi. )
- Oxberry, MS ( 27.16 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 38923
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 299.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 662