About Wheaton, MN
Wheaton, MN is located in Traverse County in the state of Minnesota.
The total City Population for Wheaton is about 1,254 with about 311 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $68,322, which is roughly 65% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,895 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 69% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $46,193, which is roughly 35% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $70,950 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 29% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.21
Male Population Estimate: 46.5%
Female Population Estimate: 53.5%
Median Age: 47.6
Male Median Age: 47.1
Female Median Age: 49.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Wheaton specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Traverse County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Traverse County: About 161.836 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Traverse County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 44% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Wheaton is about 2.4%.
Minnesota is ranked #17 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 61.06 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 56.82
The average living wage for the state of Minnesota is $32.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.08/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Minnesota a minimum wage score of 45.37 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $10.08/hr, which gives Minnesota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Minnesota is $201.60, resulting in a UI benefit score of 34.22 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Minnesota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Minnesota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Minnesota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Minnesota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Minnesota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Minnesota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Minnesota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Minnesota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Minnesota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Minnesota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Minnesota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Minnesota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Minnesota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Minnesota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Minnesota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Minnesota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Dumont, MN ( 7.10 mi. )
- White Rock, SD ( 9.03 mi. )
- Rosholt, SD ( 11.99 mi. )
- Charlesville, MN ( 14.81 mi. )
- Norcross, MN ( 15.14 mi. )
- Tintah, MN ( 16.53 mi. )
- Tenney, MN ( 16.61 mi. )
- Graceville, MN ( 16.65 mi. )
- Victor, SD ( 16.69 mi. )
- Herman, MN ( 17.17 mi. )
- Barry, MN ( 17.37 mi. )
- Fairmount, ND ( 17.90 mi. )
- Nashua, MN ( 18.47 mi. )
- Johnson, MN ( 18.90 mi. )
- Beardsley, MN ( 20.05 mi. )
- New Effington, SD ( 20.47 mi. )
- Campbell, MN ( 20.62 mi. )
- Browns Valley, MN ( 21.75 mi. )
- Agency Vlg, SD ( 22.38 mi. )
- Dry Wood Lake, SD ( 22.38 mi. )
- Tekakwitha, SD ( 22.38 mi. )
- Chokio, MN ( 22.41 mi. )
- Clinton, MN ( 23.82 mi. )
- Donnelly, MN ( 24.65 mi. )
- Wendell, MN ( 24.82 mi. )
- Hammer, SD ( 25.40 mi. )
- Doran, MN ( 26.20 mi. )
- Hankinson, ND ( 26.43 mi. )
- Madsen Beach, SD ( 26.57 mi. )
- Alberta, MN ( 26.84 mi. )
- Elbow Lake, MN ( 27.99 mi. )
- Great Bend, ND ( 28.13 mi. )
- Sisseton, SD ( 28.18 mi. )
- Shady Beach, SD ( 28.52 mi. )
- Peever, SD ( 28.63 mi. )
- Linden Beach, SD ( 28.64 mi. )
- Claire City, SD ( 29.34 mi. )
- Barrett, MN ( 29.95 mi. )
- Sodak Park, SD ( 31.75 mi. )
- Breckenridge, MN ( 32.05 mi. )
- Agency Village, SD ( 32.05 mi. )
- Everdell, MN ( 32.16 mi. )
- Wilmot, SD ( 32.36 mi. )
- Morris, MN ( 32.41 mi. )
- Wahpeton, ND ( 32.66 mi. )
- ND State College of Science, ND ( 32.68 mi. )
- Foxhome, MN ( 33.72 mi. )
- Mantador, ND ( 33.86 mi. )
- Hoffman, MN ( 34.27 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 56296
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1013.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 320