About Troy, MN
Troy, MN is located in Winona County in the state of Minnesota.
The total City Population for Troy is about 4,995 with about 9 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $193,100, which is roughly 2% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,895 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 11% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $71,977, which is roughly 1% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $70,950 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 10% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.71
Male Population Estimate: 49.7%
Female Population Estimate: 50.3%
Median Age: 36
Male Median Age: 34.5
Female Median Age: 36.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Troy specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Winona County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Winona County: About 95.1046 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Winona County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 67% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Minnesota is ranked #17 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 61.06 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 56.82
The average living wage for the state of Minnesota is $32.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.08/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Minnesota a minimum wage score of 45.37 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $10.08/hr, which gives Minnesota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Minnesota is $201.60, resulting in a UI benefit score of 34.22 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Minnesota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Minnesota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Minnesota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Minnesota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Minnesota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Minnesota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Minnesota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Minnesota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Minnesota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Minnesota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Minnesota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Minnesota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Minnesota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Minnesota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Minnesota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Minnesota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Saratoga, MN ( 1.46 mi. )
- Pilot Mound, MN ( 1.98 mi. )
- Chatfield, MN ( 6.01 mi. )
- Saint Charles, MN ( 7.33 mi. )
- St Charles, MN ( 7.33 mi. )
- Dover, MN ( 7.58 mi. )
- Arendahl, MN ( 8.49 mi. )
- Fremont, MN ( 8.92 mi. )
- Utica, MN ( 9.42 mi. )
- Fountain, MN ( 9.45 mi. )
- Cummingsville, MN ( 9.58 mi. )
- Eyota, MN ( 11.51 mi. )
- Lanesboro, MN ( 11.64 mi. )
- Whalan, MN ( 11.86 mi. )
- Rushford Vlg, MN ( 12.31 mi. )
- Lewiston, MN ( 12.52 mi. )
- Peterson, MN ( 13.05 mi. )
- Fillmore, MN ( 13.07 mi. )
- Bethany, MN ( 13.13 mi. )
- Preston, MN ( 13.71 mi. )
- Predmore, MN ( 13.78 mi. )
- Rushford Village, MN ( 14.53 mi. )
- Altura, MN ( 14.72 mi. )
- Wykoff, MN ( 14.98 mi. )
- Elba, MN ( 15.12 mi. )
- Carimona, MN ( 15.22 mi. )
- Hart, MN ( 15.78 mi. )
- South Rushford, MN ( 15.78 mi. )
- Pleasant Grove, MN ( 15.82 mi. )
- Rushford, MN ( 16.14 mi. )
- Highland, MN ( 16.41 mi. )
- Viola, MN ( 16.61 mi. )
- Bratsberg, MN ( 17.54 mi. )
- Stockton, MN ( 18.34 mi. )
- Norton, MN ( 19.51 mi. )
- Elgin, MN ( 19.74 mi. )
- Wilson, MN ( 20.04 mi. )
- Rollingstone, MN ( 20.05 mi. )
- Spring Valley, MN ( 20.38 mi. )
- Plainview, MN ( 20.92 mi. )
- Stewartville, MN ( 21.00 mi. )
- Greenleafton, MN ( 21.27 mi. )
- Racine, MN ( 21.61 mi. )
- Minnesota City, MN ( 21.99 mi. )
- Harmony, MN ( 22.08 mi. )
- Goodview, MN ( 22.19 mi. )
- Minn City, MN ( 22.42 mi. )
- Cherry Grove, MN ( 22.45 mi. )
- Mayo Clinic, MN ( 22.52 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 55972
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1119.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 507