About Tenney, MN
Tenney, MN is located in Wilkin County in the state of Minnesota.
The total City Population for Tenney is about 168 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $60,000, which is roughly 70% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,895 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 72% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $84,167, which is roughly 16% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $70,950 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 23% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.18
Male Population Estimate: 56.5%
Female Population Estimate: 43.5%
Median Age: 51.2
Male Median Age: 46.5
Female Median Age: 55.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Tenney specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Wilkin County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Wilkin County: About 161.836 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Wilkin County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 44% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Minnesota is ranked #17 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 61.06 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 56.82
The average living wage for the state of Minnesota is $32.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.08/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Minnesota a minimum wage score of 45.37 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $10.08/hr, which gives Minnesota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Minnesota is $201.60, resulting in a UI benefit score of 34.22 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Minnesota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Minnesota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Minnesota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Minnesota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Minnesota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Minnesota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Minnesota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Minnesota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Minnesota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Minnesota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Minnesota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Minnesota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Minnesota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Minnesota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Minnesota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Minnesota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Campbell, MN ( 4.33 mi. )
- Tintah, MN ( 6.80 mi. )
- Nashua, MN ( 7.08 mi. )
- Fairmount, ND ( 7.20 mi. )
- Doran, MN ( 9.84 mi. )
- White Rock, SD ( 10.14 mi. )
- Charlesville, MN ( 11.04 mi. )
- Everdell, MN ( 15.56 mi. )
- Breckenridge, MN ( 16.56 mi. )
- Wheaton, MN ( 16.61 mi. )
- Wendell, MN ( 16.91 mi. )
- Norcross, MN ( 17.30 mi. )
- Foxhome, MN ( 17.42 mi. )
- ND State College of Science, ND ( 17.42 mi. )
- Wahpeton, ND ( 17.46 mi. )
- Rosholt, SD ( 18.17 mi. )
- Great Bend, ND ( 18.30 mi. )
- Hankinson, ND ( 21.10 mi. )
- Victor, SD ( 21.88 mi. )
- Herman, MN ( 22.03 mi. )
- Dwight, ND ( 22.56 mi. )
- Dumont, MN ( 22.63 mi. )
- Elbow Lake, MN ( 23.05 mi. )
- Brushvale, MN ( 24.21 mi. )
- Fergus Falls, MN ( 24.56 mi. )
- Mooreton, ND ( 25.47 mi. )
- Carlisle, MN ( 25.67 mi. )
- New Effington, SD ( 25.80 mi. )
- Mantador, ND ( 26.46 mi. )
- Dalton, MN ( 27.26 mi. )
- Elizabeth, MN ( 27.82 mi. )
- Barrett, MN ( 28.33 mi. )
- Galchutt, ND ( 29.17 mi. )
- Kent, MN ( 29.27 mi. )
- Hammer, SD ( 30.23 mi. )
- Barney, ND ( 30.24 mi. )
- Rothsay, MN ( 30.68 mi. )
- Erdahl, MN ( 30.69 mi. )
- Ashby, MN ( 30.75 mi. )
- Abercrombie, ND ( 30.76 mi. )
- Donnelly, MN ( 32.34 mi. )
- Underwood, MN ( 32.45 mi. )
- Graceville, MN ( 32.86 mi. )
- Lidgerwood, ND ( 33.20 mi. )
- Johnson, MN ( 33.49 mi. )
- Agency Vlg, SD ( 33.61 mi. )
- Dry Wood Lake, SD ( 33.61 mi. )
- Tekakwitha, SD ( 33.61 mi. )
- Claire City, SD ( 33.80 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 56583
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1007.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 218