About Ramsey, MN
Ramsey, MN is located in Anoka County in the state of Minnesota.
The total City Population for Ramsey is about 27,409 with about 364 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $281,776, which is roughly 39% higher than the Average Home Value of $171,153 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 33% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $101,996, which is roughly 38% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $63,224 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 44% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.75
Male Population Estimate: 49.7%
Female Population Estimate: 50.3%
Median Age: 36.7
Male Median Age: 35.3
Female Median Age: 36.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Ramsey specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Anoka County: About 1.56146 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Anoka County: About 127.233 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Anoka County is about 60% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 56% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Ramsey is about 4.5%.
Minnesota is ranked #17 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 61.06 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 56.82
The average living wage for the state of Minnesota is $32.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.08/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Minnesota a minimum wage score of 45.37 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $10.08/hr, which gives Minnesota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Minnesota is $201.60, resulting in a UI benefit score of 34.22 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Minnesota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Minnesota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Minnesota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Minnesota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Minnesota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Minnesota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Minnesota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Minnesota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Minnesota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Minnesota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Minnesota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Minnesota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Minnesota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Minnesota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Minnesota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Minnesota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Anoka, MN ( 4.62 mi. )
- Dayton, MN ( 5.07 mi. )
- Nowthen, MN ( 5.55 mi. )
- Andover, MN ( 5.98 mi. )
- Champlin, MN ( 6.94 mi. )
- Elk River, MN ( 7.47 mi. )
- Oak Grove, MN ( 8.10 mi. )
- Rogers, MN ( 8.14 mi. )
- Otsego, MN ( 8.30 mi. )
- County Market, MN ( 8.52 mi. )
- Soderville, MN ( 8.52 mi. )
- Burns Township, MN ( 8.68 mi. )
- Burns Twp, MN ( 8.68 mi. )
- Cedar, MN ( 8.89 mi. )
- Coon Rapids, MN ( 9.04 mi. )
- Hassan, MN ( 9.98 mi. )
- Osseo, MN ( 10.23 mi. )
- Albertville, MN ( 10.47 mi. )
- Maple Grove, MN ( 10.57 mi. )
- Saint Michael, MN ( 10.92 mi. )
- St Francis, MN ( 11.35 mi. )
- Brooklyn Park, MN ( 11.45 mi. )
- Cedar E Bethl, MN ( 11.56 mi. )
- Cedar East Bethel, MN ( 11.56 mi. )
- Ham Lake, MN ( 11.94 mi. )
- Corcoran, MN ( 12.41 mi. )
- Hanover, MN ( 12.64 mi. )
- Bethel, MN ( 13.00 mi. )
- Blaine, MN ( 13.37 mi. )
- East Bethel, MN ( 13.58 mi. )
- Brooklyn Ctr, MN ( 14.08 mi. )
- Hamel, MN ( 14.13 mi. )
- Spring Lake Park, MN ( 14.14 mi. )
- Zimmerman, MN ( 14.36 mi. )
- Brooklyn Pk, MN ( 14.65 mi. )
- Spring Lk Pk, MN ( 14.70 mi. )
- Brooklyn Center, MN ( 14.86 mi. )
- Big Lake, MN ( 15.31 mi. )
- Fridley, MN ( 15.36 mi. )
- New Hope, MN ( 15.78 mi. )
- Mounds View, MN ( 15.89 mi. )
- Lexington, MN ( 15.99 mi. )
- Crystal, MN ( 16.07 mi. )
- Greenfield, MN ( 16.14 mi. )
- Plymouth, MN ( 16.53 mi. )
- Circle Pines, MN ( 16.76 mi. )
- Loretto, MN ( 16.91 mi. )
- Medina, MN ( 17.11 mi. )
- Monticello, MN ( 17.21 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 55303
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 912.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 763