About Norwood, MN
Norwood, MN is located in Carver County in the state of Minnesota.
The total population for Carver County is about 7,449.
The Average Home Value is $288,075 for Carver County, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,895 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 100% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $0, which is roughly 100% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $70,950 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 100% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: N/A
Male Population Estimate: N/A
Female Population Estimate: N/A
Median Age: N/A
Male Median Age: N/A
Female Median Age: N/A
Racial Demographic Estimates
Black Population Estimate: N/A
Hispanic Population Estimate: N/A
Asian Population Estimate: N/A
Hawaiian Population Estimate: N/A
Indian Population Estimate: N/A
Other Population Estimate: N/A
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Norwood specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Carver County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Carver County: About 61.9412 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Carver County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 78% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Norwood is about 6%.
Minnesota is ranked #17 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 61.06 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 56.82
The average living wage for the state of Minnesota is $32.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.08/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Minnesota a minimum wage score of 45.37 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $10.08/hr, which gives Minnesota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Minnesota is $201.60, resulting in a UI benefit score of 34.22 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Minnesota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Minnesota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Minnesota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Minnesota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Minnesota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Minnesota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Minnesota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Minnesota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Minnesota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Minnesota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Minnesota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Minnesota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Minnesota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Minnesota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Minnesota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Minnesota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Norwood Young America, MN ( 0.48 mi. )
- NYA, MN ( 2.23 mi. )
- Young America, MN ( 3.00 mi. )
- Hamburg, MN ( 3.06 mi. )
- Plato, MN ( 5.50 mi. )
- Cologne, MN ( 6.59 mi. )
- Green Isle, MN ( 7.18 mi. )
- Mayer, MN ( 8.37 mi. )
- New Germany, MN ( 8.42 mi. )
- Waconia, MN ( 8.46 mi. )
- Lester Prairie, MN ( 9.56 mi. )
- Lester Pr, MN ( 10.26 mi. )
- Glencoe, MN ( 10.95 mi. )
- Crown College, MN ( 12.10 mi. )
- Saint Bonifacius, MN ( 12.38 mi. )
- Bible College, MN ( 12.38 mi. )
- St Bonifacius, MN ( 12.38 mi. )
- Belle Plaine, MN ( 13.15 mi. )
- Arlington, MN ( 13.27 mi. )
- Carver, MN ( 13.43 mi. )
- Watertown, MN ( 13.88 mi. )
- Lawrence, MN ( 14.15 mi. )
- Winsted, MN ( 14.35 mi. )
- Victoria, MN ( 14.72 mi. )
- Minnetrista, MN ( 15.68 mi. )
- Chaska, MN ( 15.95 mi. )
- Jordan, MN ( 16.04 mi. )
- Silver Lake, MN ( 16.24 mi. )
- New Auburn, MN ( 16.33 mi. )
- Henderson, MN ( 16.64 mi. )
- Mound, MN ( 17.36 mi. )
- Biscay, MN ( 17.44 mi. )
- Spring Park, MN ( 18.54 mi. )
- Chanhassen, MN ( 18.86 mi. )
- Shorewood, MN ( 18.95 mi. )
- Tonka Bay, MN ( 19.50 mi. )
- Delano, MN ( 19.76 mi. )
- Excelsior, MN ( 19.96 mi. )
- Gaylord, MN ( 20.31 mi. )
- Minnetonka Beach, MN ( 20.41 mi. )
- Independence, MN ( 20.54 mi. )
- Waverly, MN ( 20.56 mi. )
- Montrose, MN ( 20.61 mi. )
- Le Sueur, MN ( 20.63 mi. )
- Greenwood, MN ( 20.77 mi. )
- Minetonka Bch, MN ( 20.86 mi. )
- Minnetnka Bch, MN ( 20.86 mi. )
- Brownton, MN ( 20.90 mi. )
- Maple Plain, MN ( 21.08 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 55554
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 993.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 952