New Brighton's Livability
About New Brighton, MN
New Brighton, MN is located in Ramsey County in the state of Minnesota.
The total City Population for New Brighton is about 23,293 with about 1,347 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $288,080, which is roughly 41% higher than the Average Home Value of $171,153 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 35% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $77,031, which is roughly 18% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $63,224 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 25% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.40
Male Population Estimate: 48.5%
Female Population Estimate: 51.5%
Median Age: 36.9
Male Median Age: 37.3
Female Median Age: 40.3
Racial Demographic Estimates
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of New Brighton specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Ramsey County: About 3.98769 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Ramsey County: About 423.007 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Ramsey County is about 1% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 32% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for New Brighton is about 3%.
Minnesota is ranked #17 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 61.06 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 56.82
The average living wage for the state of Minnesota is $32.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.08/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Minnesota a minimum wage score of 45.37 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $10.08/hr, which gives Minnesota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Minnesota is $201.60, resulting in a UI benefit score of 34.22 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Minnesota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Minnesota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Minnesota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Minnesota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Minnesota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Minnesota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Minnesota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Minnesota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Minnesota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Minnesota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Minnesota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Minnesota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Minnesota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Minnesota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Minnesota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Minnesota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Moundsview, MN ( 1.29 mi. )
- Arden Hills, MN ( 1.95 mi. )
- Columbia Hts, MN ( 2.19 mi. )
- Hilltop, MN ( 2.31 mi. )
- Columbia Heights, MN ( 2.34 mi. )
- Mounds View, MN ( 2.85 mi. )
- Fridley, MN ( 2.90 mi. )
- Spring Lk Pk, MN ( 3.37 mi. )
- No Oaks, MN ( 3.47 mi. )
- Shoreview, MN ( 3.65 mi. )
- Saint Anthony, MN ( 3.68 mi. )
- St Anthny Vlg, MN ( 3.68 mi. )
- St Anthony, MN ( 3.68 mi. )
- St Anthony Village, MN ( 3.68 mi. )
- Spring Lake Park, MN ( 3.96 mi. )
- Roseville, MN ( 4.29 mi. )
- Lauderdale, MN ( 4.95 mi. )
- Lexington, MN ( 5.27 mi. )
- Brooklyn Center, MN ( 5.38 mi. )
- Falcon Heights, MN ( 5.43 mi. )
- White Bear Lake Township, MN ( 5.82 mi. )
- Circle Pines, MN ( 5.85 mi. )
- Falcon Hgts, MN ( 6.11 mi. )
- North Oaks, MN ( 6.21 mi. )
- Vadnais Heights, MN ( 6.43 mi. )
- ABMPS, MN ( 6.45 mi. )
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, MN ( 6.48 mi. )
- Little Canada, MN ( 6.50 mi. )
- Ameriprise Financial, MN ( 6.56 mi. )
- Excel Energy, MN ( 6.56 mi. )
- Hennepin County Govt Ctr, MN ( 6.56 mi. )
- Macys, MN ( 6.56 mi. )
- Minn, MN ( 6.56 mi. )
- Minneapolis Tribune, MN ( 6.56 mi. )
- Qwest, MN ( 6.56 mi. )
- Wells Fargo Bank, MN ( 6.56 mi. )
- Brooklyn Pk, MN ( 6.57 mi. )
- Robbinsdale, MN ( 6.78 mi. )
- Blaine, MN ( 7.17 mi. )
- Minneapolis, MN ( 7.68 mi. )
- Brooklyn Park, MN ( 7.71 mi. )
- Crystal, MN ( 7.75 mi. )
- Gem Lake, MN ( 8.09 mi. )
- Brooklyn Ctr, MN ( 8.50 mi. )
- New Hope, MN ( 9.04 mi. )
- Coon Rapids, MN ( 9.10 mi. )
- Golden Valley, MN ( 9.12 mi. )
- Lino Lakes, MN ( 9.25 mi. )
- White Bear Lake, MN ( 9.31 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 55112
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 913.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 651