About Lawrence, MN
Lawrence, MN is located in Scott County in the state of Minnesota.
The total City Population for Lawrence is about 305 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $87,800, which is roughly 55% lower than the Average Home Value of $196,895 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 60% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $46,875, which is roughly 34% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $70,950 for the state of Minnesota, and roughly 28% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.38
Male Population Estimate: 50.5%
Female Population Estimate: 49.5%
Median Age: 34.4
Male Median Age: 35.4
Female Median Age: 33.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Democratic, (DFL) Party
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Lawrence specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Scott County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Scott County: About 164.409 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Scott County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 43% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Minnesota is ranked #17 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 61.06 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 56.82
The average living wage for the state of Minnesota is $32.96/hr, while the states minimum wage is $10.08/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Minnesota a minimum wage score of 45.37 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $10.08/hr, which gives Minnesota a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 100 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Minnesota is $201.60, resulting in a UI benefit score of 34.22 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Minnesota does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Minnesota does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Minnesota does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Minnesota does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Minnesota does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Minnesota does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Minnesota does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Minnesota does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Minnesota does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Minnesota does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Minnesota does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Minnesota does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Minnesota does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Minnesota does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Minnesota does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Minnesota does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Minnesota does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Jordan, MN ( 2.48 mi. )
- Belle Plaine, MN ( 4.58 mi. )
- Carver, MN ( 7.53 mi. )
- Cologne, MN ( 9.36 mi. )
- New Prague, MN ( 9.42 mi. )
- Chaska, MN ( 11.55 mi. )
- Heidelberg, MN ( 11.74 mi. )
- NYA, MN ( 12.37 mi. )
- Prior Lake, MN ( 12.77 mi. )
- Shakopee, MN ( 12.98 mi. )
- Waconia, MN ( 13.72 mi. )
- Norwood Young America, MN ( 13.94 mi. )
- Norwood, MN ( 14.15 mi. )
- Henderson, MN ( 14.23 mi. )
- Victoria, MN ( 14.24 mi. )
- Hamburg, MN ( 14.67 mi. )
- Veseli, MN ( 14.82 mi. )
- Chanhassen, MN ( 14.85 mi. )
- Montgomery, MN ( 15.59 mi. )
- Green Isle, MN ( 15.81 mi. )
- Crown College, MN ( 15.91 mi. )
- Elko, MN ( 16.01 mi. )
- Elko New Mrkt, MN ( 16.01 mi. )
- Young America, MN ( 16.23 mi. )
- Le Sueur, MN ( 16.82 mi. )
- Savage, MN ( 17.13 mi. )
- Eden Prairie, MN ( 17.19 mi. )
- Saint Bonifacius, MN ( 17.23 mi. )
- Bible College, MN ( 17.23 mi. )
- St Bonifacius, MN ( 17.23 mi. )
- New Market, MN ( 17.41 mi. )
- Shorewood, MN ( 17.56 mi. )
- Excelsior, MN ( 17.85 mi. )
- Lonsdale, MN ( 17.92 mi. )
- Elko New Market, MN ( 18.17 mi. )
- Tonka Bay, MN ( 18.47 mi. )
- Webster, MN ( 18.57 mi. )
- Greenwood, MN ( 18.67 mi. )
- Mayer, MN ( 18.74 mi. )
- Le Center, MN ( 18.88 mi. )
- Antlers Park, MN ( 18.92 mi. )
- Argonne, MN ( 18.92 mi. )
- Mound, MN ( 19.02 mi. )
- Plato, MN ( 19.13 mi. )
- Minnetrista, MN ( 19.21 mi. )
- Spring Park, MN ( 19.40 mi. )
- Arlington, MN ( 19.57 mi. )
- Minnetonka Beach, MN ( 19.96 mi. )
- Minetonka Bch, MN ( 20.16 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 55352
TimeZone: Central (GMT -06:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1394.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 218