Grant Township's Livability
About Grant Township, MI
Grant Township, MI is located in St. Clair County in the state of Michigan.
The total City Population for Grant Township is about 2,322 with about 62 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $165,200, which is roughly 0% lower than the Average Home Value of $165,251 for the state of Michigan, and roughly 24% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $65,667, which is roughly 4% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $62,976 for the state of Michigan, and roughly 1% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.83
Male Population Estimate: 50.6%
Female Population Estimate: 49.4%
Median Age: 41.2
Male Median Age: 41.6
Female Median Age: 40.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Grant Township specifically.
Average # of Homicides for St. Clair County: About 2.14703 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for St. Clair County: About 318.537 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
St. Clair County is about 46% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 10% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
Michigan is ranked #29 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.48 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 44.13
The average living wage for the state of Michigan is $29.66/hr, while the states minimum wage is $9.65/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Michigan a minimum wage score of 55.51 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $3.67/hr, which gives Michigan a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 20.12 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Michigan is $217.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 58.18 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Michigan does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Michigan does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Michigan does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Michigan does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Michigan does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Michigan does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Michigan does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Michigan does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Michigan does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Michigan does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Michigan does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Michigan does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Michigan does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Michigan does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Michigan does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Michigan does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Michigan does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Michigan does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Grant Twp, MI ( 0.00 mi. )
- Worth Township, MI ( 0.00 mi. )
- Jeddo, MI ( 1.22 mi. )
- Fargo, MI ( 3.99 mi. )
- North Lakeport, MI ( 4.88 mi. )
- Lakeport, MI ( 5.42 mi. )
- Fort Gratiot, MI ( 5.80 mi. )
- Burtchville Township, MI ( 5.80 mi. )
- Fort Gratiot Township, MI ( 5.80 mi. )
- N Lakeport, MI ( 5.80 mi. )
- Greenwood Township, MI ( 6.71 mi. )
- Kenockee, MI ( 6.71 mi. )
- Kenockee Township, MI ( 6.71 mi. )
- North Street, MI ( 6.95 mi. )
- Clyde Township, MI ( 6.95 mi. )
- Avoca, MI ( 7.07 mi. )
- Ruby, MI ( 7.20 mi. )
- Lexington, MI ( 9.50 mi. )
- Croswell, MI ( 9.59 mi. )
- Brockway, MI ( 9.63 mi. )
- Yale, MI ( 10.26 mi. )
- Goodells, MI ( 11.28 mi. )
- Brockway Township, MI ( 11.78 mi. )
- Lynn, MI ( 11.78 mi. )
- Lynn Township, MI ( 11.78 mi. )
- Port Huron Township, MI ( 12.07 mi. )
- Kimball, MI ( 13.05 mi. )
- Kimball Township, MI ( 13.06 mi. )
- Emmett, MI ( 13.09 mi. )
- Port Huron, MI ( 13.18 mi. )
- Emmett Township, MI ( 13.24 mi. )
- Melvin, MI ( 13.94 mi. )
- Peck, MI ( 14.07 mi. )
- Wales, MI ( 14.12 mi. )
- Wales Township, MI ( 14.12 mi. )
- Applegate, MI ( 15.32 mi. )
- Smiths Creek, MI ( 15.33 mi. )
- Marysville, MI ( 16.71 mi. )
- Riley Township, MI ( 17.58 mi. )
- Columbus, MI ( 17.84 mi. )
- Memphis, MI ( 18.79 mi. )
- Mussey, MI ( 18.93 mi. )
- Capac, MI ( 19.00 mi. )
- Saint Clair, MI ( 19.49 mi. )
- Saint Clair Township, MI ( 19.49 mi. )
- St Clair, MI ( 19.49 mi. )
- St Clair Township, MI ( 19.49 mi. )
- St Clair Twp, MI ( 19.49 mi. )
- Columbus Township, MI ( 19.77 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 48032
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 749.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 810