About Coopersville, MI
Coopersville, MI is located in Ottawa County in the state of Michigan.
The total City Population for Coopersville is about 4,765 with about 352 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $174,926, which is roughly 6% higher than the Average Home Value of $165,251 for the state of Michigan, and roughly 19% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $59,831, which is roughly 5% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $62,976 for the state of Michigan, and roughly 8% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.74
Male Population Estimate: 51.9%
Female Population Estimate: 48.1%
Median Age: 30.7
Male Median Age: 35.0
Female Median Age: 37.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Coopersville specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Ottawa County: About 1.41421 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Ottawa County: About 242.543 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Ottawa County is about 64% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 16% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Coopersville is about 7.4%.
Michigan is ranked #29 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 38.48 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 44.13
The average living wage for the state of Michigan is $29.66/hr, while the states minimum wage is $9.65/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Michigan a minimum wage score of 55.51 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $3.67/hr, which gives Michigan a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 20.12 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Michigan is $217.74, resulting in a UI benefit score of 58.18 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
X Michigan does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Michigan does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Michigan does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
X Michigan does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
X Michigan does provide some form of paid family leave.
X Michigan does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Michigan does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
X Michigan does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Michigan does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Michigan does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Michigan does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Michigan does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
X Michigan does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
X Michigan does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
X Michigan does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Michigan does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Michigan does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Michigan does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Coppersville, MI ( 1.08 mi. )
- Eastmanville, MI ( 3.55 mi. )
- Lamont, MI ( 3.94 mi. )
- Conklin, MI ( 5.10 mi. )
- Allendale, MI ( 5.67 mi. )
- Marne, MI ( 5.74 mi. )
- Nunica, MI ( 7.04 mi. )
- Ravenna, MI ( 8.50 mi. )
- Walker, MI ( 11.06 mi. )
- Georgetown Township, MI ( 11.12 mi. )
- Georgetown Tp, MI ( 11.12 mi. )
- Georgetown Twp, MI ( 11.12 mi. )
- Fruitport, MI ( 11.91 mi. )
- Jenison, MI ( 12.27 mi. )
- Standale, MI ( 12.76 mi. )
- Sparta, MI ( 12.91 mi. )
- Comstock Park, MI ( 13.02 mi. )
- Spring Lake, MI ( 13.14 mi. )
- Borculo, MI ( 13.24 mi. )
- Casnovia, MI ( 13.69 mi. )
- Kent City, MI ( 14.00 mi. )
- Grand Haven, MI ( 14.45 mi. )
- Hudsonville, MI ( 14.45 mi. )
- Grandville, MI ( 14.53 mi. )
- Ferrysburg, MI ( 14.59 mi. )
- West Olive, MI ( 14.64 mi. )
- Muskegon Hts, MI ( 14.91 mi. )
- Business Reply Mail, MI ( 15.18 mi. )
- Christian Reformed Church, MI ( 15.18 mi. )
- GR, MI ( 15.18 mi. )
- Radio Bible Class, MI ( 15.18 mi. )
- Grand Rapids, MI ( 15.76 mi. )
- Bailey, MI ( 15.91 mi. )
- Belmont, MI ( 16.40 mi. )
- Wyoming, MI ( 16.68 mi. )
- Jamestown, MI ( 17.22 mi. )
- Norton Shores, MI ( 17.34 mi. )
- Port Sheldon, MI ( 17.66 mi. )
- Zeeland, MI ( 17.84 mi. )
- E Grand Rapid, MI ( 18.10 mi. )
- East Grand Ra, MI ( 18.10 mi. )
- Muskegon Heights, MI ( 18.16 mi. )
- East Grand Rapids, MI ( 18.38 mi. )
- Roosevelt Pk, MI ( 19.01 mi. )
- Wolverine World Wide, MI ( 19.23 mi. )
- Rockford, MI ( 19.41 mi. )
- Grant, MI ( 19.61 mi. )
- Muskegon, MI ( 19.72 mi. )
- Meskegon, MI ( 19.97 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 49404
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 655.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 616, 231