About Winthrop, MA
Winthrop, MA is located in Suffolk County in the state of Massachusetts.
The total City Population for Winthrop is about 19,088 with about 4,532 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $517,151, which is roughly 12% higher than the Average Home Value of $457,636 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 58% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $86,780, which is roughly 13% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $99,229 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 25% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.24
Male Population Estimate: 48.3%
Female Population Estimate: 51.7%
Median Age: 45.9
Male Median Age: 42.3
Female Median Age: 45.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Winthrop specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Suffolk County: About 5.78792 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Suffolk County: About 751.532 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Suffolk County is about 32% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 62% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Winthrop is about 5.8%.
Massachusetts is ranked #3 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 78.66
The average living wage for the state of Massachusetts is $34.72/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Massachusetts a minimum wage score of 88.49 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.55/hr, which gives Massachusetts a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 24.09 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Massachusetts is $320.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 94.88 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Massachusetts does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Massachusetts does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Massachusetts does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Massachusetts does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Massachusetts does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ Massachusetts does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Massachusetts does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Massachusetts does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Massachusetts does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Massachusetts does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Massachusetts does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Massachusetts does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Massachusetts does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- East Boston, MA ( 1.59 mi. )
- E Boston, MA ( 1.59 mi. )
- Chelsea, MA ( 2.80 mi. )
- Beachmont, MA ( 3.02 mi. )
- Revere Beach, MA ( 3.02 mi. )
- Revere, MA ( 3.12 mi. )
- South Boston, MA ( 3.80 mi. )
- S Boston, MA ( 3.80 mi. )
- Bank Of America, MA ( 4.05 mi. )
- Boston City Hall, MA ( 4.05 mi. )
- Cash Management, MA ( 4.05 mi. )
- Fidelity Service Company, MA ( 4.05 mi. )
- Fleet Bank Boston, MA ( 4.05 mi. )
- John Hancock P O Box 505, MA ( 4.05 mi. )
- Mass Tax, MA ( 4.05 mi. )
- Massachusetts Tax, MA ( 4.05 mi. )
- State Street Corporation, MA ( 4.05 mi. )
- North Waltham, MA ( 4.06 mi. )
- Readville, MA ( 4.06 mi. )
- Charlestown, MA ( 4.07 mi. )
- Everett, MA ( 4.13 mi. )
- Nahant, MA ( 4.69 mi. )
- E Cambridge, MA ( 4.92 mi. )
- East Cambridge, MA ( 4.92 mi. )
- Kendall Square, MA ( 4.98 mi. )
- Malden, MA ( 5.29 mi. )
- Uphams Corner, MA ( 5.52 mi. )
- Marina Bay, MA ( 5.58 mi. )
- N Quincy, MA ( 5.58 mi. )
- No Quincy, MA ( 5.58 mi. )
- Norfolk Downs, MA ( 5.58 mi. )
- North Quincy, MA ( 5.58 mi. )
- Squantum, MA ( 5.58 mi. )
- Winter Hill, MA ( 5.61 mi. )
- E Somerville, MA ( 5.68 mi. )
- East Somerville, MA ( 5.68 mi. )
- Harvard Sq, MA ( 5.93 mi. )
- Harvard Square, MA ( 5.93 mi. )
- Cambridgeport, MA ( 6.00 mi. )
- Inman Square, MA ( 6.00 mi. )
- Somerville, MA ( 6.04 mi. )
- Roxbury, MA ( 6.29 mi. )
- Roxbury Crossing, MA ( 6.45 mi. )
- Mission Hill, MA ( 6.45 mi. )
- Roxbury Xing, MA ( 6.45 mi. )
- Boston, MA ( 6.48 mi. )
- General Elec Co, MA ( 6.50 mi. )
- Saugus, MA ( 6.53 mi. )
- Boston University, MA ( 6.56 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 02128, 02152 (2 Total Zip Codes)
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: -6.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 617, 857