W Barnstable's Livability
About W Barnstable, MA
W Barnstable, MA is located in Barnstable County in the state of Massachusetts.
The total City Population for W Barnstable is about 3,278 with about 216 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $454,300, which is roughly 13% higher than the Average Home Value of $394,572 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 58% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $100,528, which is roughly 14% higher than the Average Median Income Per Household of $86,370 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 43% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.56
Male Population Estimate: 48.3%
Female Population Estimate: 51.7%
Median Age: 47.4
Male Median Age: 46.9
Female Median Age: 47.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of W Barnstable specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Barnstable County: About 1.06783 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Barnstable County: About 399.566 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Barnstable County is about 73% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 28% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for W Barnstable is about 3.2%.
Massachusetts is ranked #3 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 78.66
The average living wage for the state of Massachusetts is $34.72/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Massachusetts a minimum wage score of 88.49 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.55/hr, which gives Massachusetts a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 24.09 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Massachusetts is $320.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 94.88 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Massachusetts does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Massachusetts does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Massachusetts does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Massachusetts does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Massachusetts does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ Massachusetts does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Massachusetts does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Massachusetts does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Massachusetts does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Massachusetts does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Massachusetts does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Massachusetts does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Massachusetts does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- West Barnstable, MA ( 0.00 mi. )
- Barnstable, MA ( 3.09 mi. )
- Cummaquid, MA ( 3.77 mi. )
- Marstons Mills, MA ( 4.35 mi. )
- Marstons Mls, MA ( 4.35 mi. )
- Hyannis, MA ( 4.44 mi. )
- E Sandwich, MA ( 4.92 mi. )
- East Sandwich, MA ( 4.96 mi. )
- West Hyannisport, MA ( 5.14 mi. )
- W Hyannisport, MA ( 5.21 mi. )
- Osterville, MA ( 5.51 mi. )
- Hyannis Port, MA ( 5.54 mi. )
- Yarmouthport, MA ( 5.97 mi. )
- Yarmouth Port, MA ( 6.35 mi. )
- West Yarmouth, MA ( 6.43 mi. )
- W Yarmouth, MA ( 6.77 mi. )
- Sandwich, MA ( 7.19 mi. )
- Cotuit, MA ( 7.54 mi. )
- South Yarmouth, MA ( 7.96 mi. )
- S Yarmouth, MA ( 8.24 mi. )
- So Yarmouth, MA ( 8.24 mi. )
- Bass River, MA ( 8.26 mi. )
- Forestdale, MA ( 8.53 mi. )
- Dennis, MA ( 9.35 mi. )
- W Dennis, MA ( 9.57 mi. )
- West Dennis, MA ( 9.72 mi. )
- E Dennis, MA ( 9.73 mi. )
- Mashpee, MA ( 9.74 mi. )
- S Dennis, MA ( 9.82 mi. )
- South Dennis, MA ( 9.90 mi. )
- East Dennis, MA ( 9.93 mi. )
- Sagamore Bch, MA ( 10.62 mi. )
- Sagamore, MA ( 10.99 mi. )
- South Mashpee, MA ( 11.00 mi. )
- Dennisport, MA ( 11.04 mi. )
- Otis AFB, MA ( 11.16 mi. )
- Otis Air National Guard, MA ( 11.16 mi. )
- Otis Ang, MA ( 11.16 mi. )
- Otis Angb, MA ( 11.16 mi. )
- Dennis Port, MA ( 11.18 mi. )
- Sagamore Beach, MA ( 11.31 mi. )
- New Seabury, MA ( 11.89 mi. )
- West Harwich, MA ( 12.18 mi. )
- Bourne, MA ( 12.20 mi. )
- Hatchville, MA ( 12.48 mi. )
- Cedarville, MA ( 12.90 mi. )
- Monument Beach, MA ( 13.44 mi. )
- E Falmouth, MA ( 13.45 mi. )
- Ea Falmouth, MA ( 13.45 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 02668
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 3.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 508, 774