About Tolland, MA
Tolland, MA is located in Hampden County in the state of Massachusetts.
The total City Population for Tolland is about 405 with about 6 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $284,286, which is roughly 38% lower than the Average Home Value of $457,636 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 24% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $91,771, which is roughly 8% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $99,229 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 29% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.55
Male Population Estimate: 54.6%
Female Population Estimate: 45.4%
Median Age: 57
Male Median Age: 46.3
Female Median Age: 45.8
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Tolland specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Hampden County: About 4.75431 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Hampden County: About 616.347 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Hampden County is about 17% higher than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 53% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Tolland is about 4.1%.
Massachusetts is ranked #3 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 78.66
The average living wage for the state of Massachusetts is $34.72/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Massachusetts a minimum wage score of 88.49 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.55/hr, which gives Massachusetts a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 24.09 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Massachusetts is $320.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 94.88 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Massachusetts does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Massachusetts does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Massachusetts does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Massachusetts does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Massachusetts does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ Massachusetts does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Massachusetts does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Massachusetts does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Massachusetts does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Massachusetts does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Massachusetts does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Massachusetts does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Massachusetts does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- West Granville, MA ( 4.12 mi. )
- Sandisfield, MA ( 5.32 mi. )
- East Otis, MA ( 5.67 mi. )
- Granville, MA ( 5.83 mi. )
- West Hartland, CT ( 6.37 mi. )
- Colbrook, CT ( 6.84 mi. )
- Colebrook, CT ( 6.94 mi. )
- Big Pond, MA ( 7.03 mi. )
- E Otis, MA ( 7.03 mi. )
- South Sandisfield, MA ( 7.26 mi. )
- Blandford, MA ( 7.46 mi. )
- Granville Center, MA ( 7.51 mi. )
- Otis, MA ( 8.40 mi. )
- East Hartland, CT ( 8.74 mi. )
- Riverton, CT ( 8.89 mi. )
- West Otis, MA ( 9.01 mi. )
- Russell, MA ( 9.73 mi. )
- North Granby, CT ( 10.52 mi. )
- North Otis, MA ( 10.64 mi. )
- Southfield, MA ( 10.86 mi. )
- Woronoco, MA ( 11.02 mi. )
- New Marlborough, MA ( 11.22 mi. )
- Barkhamsted, CT ( 11.34 mi. )
- Winsted, CT ( 11.68 mi. )
- Pleasant Vly, CT ( 11.70 mi. )
- Norfolk, CT ( 11.84 mi. )
- Crescent Mills, MA ( 12.08 mi. )
- Winchester, CT ( 12.46 mi. )
- Monterey, MA ( 12.56 mi. )
- Southwick, MA ( 12.71 mi. )
- Pleasant Valley, CT ( 12.76 mi. )
- Granby, CT ( 12.78 mi. )
- Montgomery, MA ( 13.10 mi. )
- West Granby, CT ( 13.11 mi. )
- Becket, MA ( 13.71 mi. )
- Hntgtn, MA ( 13.77 mi. )
- Westfield, MA ( 13.96 mi. )
- Tyringham, MA ( 14.02 mi. )
- Winchestr Ctr, CT ( 14.37 mi. )
- Chester, MA ( 14.38 mi. )
- Winchester Center, CT ( 14.46 mi. )
- East Canaan, CT ( 14.50 mi. )
- North Canaan, CT ( 14.76 mi. )
- No Canaan, CT ( 14.84 mi. )
- North Canton, CT ( 14.93 mi. )
- Pine Meadow, CT ( 15.13 mi. )
- Knightville, MA ( 15.43 mi. )
- Huntington, MA ( 15.79 mi. )
- Ashley Falls, MA ( 16.26 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 01034
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1299.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 413