About Petersham, MA
Petersham, MA is located in Worcester County in the state of Massachusetts.
The total City Population for Petersham is about 1,141 with about 8 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $309,510, which is roughly 22% lower than the Average Home Value of $394,572 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 39% higher than the National Average of $188,692.
The Median Income Per Household is about $77,500, which is roughly 10% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $86,370 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 26% higher higher than the National Average of $57,518.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.43
Male Population Estimate: 54.2%
Female Population Estimate: 45.8%
Median Age: 51.9
Male Median Age: 46.8
Female Median Age: 48.9
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Petersham specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Worcester County: About 1.58296 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Worcester County: About 436.277 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Worcester County is about 60% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 34% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Petersham is about 4.1%.
Massachusetts is ranked #3 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 78.66
The average living wage for the state of Massachusetts is $34.72/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Massachusetts a minimum wage score of 88.49 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.55/hr, which gives Massachusetts a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 24.09 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Massachusetts is $320.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 94.88 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Massachusetts does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Massachusetts does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Massachusetts does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Massachusetts does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Massachusetts does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ Massachusetts does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Massachusetts does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Massachusetts does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Massachusetts does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Massachusetts does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Massachusetts does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Massachusetts does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Massachusetts does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- New Salem, MA ( 5.41 mi. )
- Barre, MA ( 6.46 mi. )
- Old Furnace, MA ( 6.86 mi. )
- Hardwick, MA ( 7.25 mi. )
- Phillipston, MA ( 7.76 mi. )
- South Barre, MA ( 8.20 mi. )
- Wheelwright, MA ( 8.51 mi. )
- Athol, MA ( 8.59 mi. )
- Shutesbury, MA ( 10.10 mi. )
- Gilbertville, MA ( 10.18 mi. )
- Templeton, MA ( 10.62 mi. )
- New Braintree, MA ( 10.79 mi. )
- Orange, MA ( 10.79 mi. )
- Hubbardston, MA ( 11.12 mi. )
- Pelham, MA ( 11.35 mi. )
- Wendell, MA ( 11.39 mi. )
- Oakham, MA ( 11.70 mi. )
- Eagleville, MA ( 11.71 mi. )
- Lake Mattawa, MA ( 11.71 mi. )
- N Orange, MA ( 11.71 mi. )
- Wendell Depot, MA ( 11.76 mi. )
- East Templeton, MA ( 11.78 mi. )
- E Templeton, MA ( 12.08 mi. )
- North Orange, MA ( 12.31 mi. )
- Baldwinville, MA ( 12.41 mi. )
- Ware, MA ( 12.78 mi. )
- Otter River, MA ( 12.88 mi. )
- South Amherst, MA ( 13.16 mi. )
- East Leverett, MA ( 13.27 mi. )
- Leverett, MA ( 13.61 mi. )
- Tyco, MA ( 13.83 mi. )
- Rutland, MA ( 13.93 mi. )
- North Leverett, MA ( 14.23 mi. )
- West Brookfield, MA ( 14.53 mi. )
- S Royalston, MA ( 14.60 mi. )
- Erving, MA ( 14.71 mi. )
- Gardner, MA ( 14.71 mi. )
- Farley, MA ( 14.73 mi. )
- Cushman, MA ( 14.89 mi. )
- N Brookfield, MA ( 14.94 mi. )
- Blissville, MA ( 14.95 mi. )
- North Brookfield, MA ( 15.03 mi. )
- Royalston, MA ( 15.38 mi. )
- Belchertown, MA ( 15.48 mi. )
- Amherst, MA ( 15.99 mi. )
- Millers Falls, MA ( 16.09 mi. )
- Warwick, MA ( 16.20 mi. )
- Cold Spring, MA ( 16.23 mi. )
- W Brookfield, MA ( 16.28 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 01366
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 681.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 978