About Monroe, MA
Monroe, MA is located in Franklin County in the state of Massachusetts.
The total City Population for Monroe is about 114 with about 4 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $107,800, which is roughly 76% lower than the Average Home Value of $457,636 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 50% lower than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $26,458, which is roughly 73% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $99,229 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 59% lower higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.12
Male Population Estimate: 49.1%
Female Population Estimate: 50.9%
Median Age: 58.9
Male Median Age: 37.0
Female Median Age: 48.5
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Monroe specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Franklin County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Franklin County: About 406.743 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Franklin County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 29% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Monroe is about 8.3%.
Massachusetts is ranked #3 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 78.66
The average living wage for the state of Massachusetts is $34.72/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Massachusetts a minimum wage score of 88.49 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.55/hr, which gives Massachusetts a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 24.09 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Massachusetts is $320.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 94.88 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Massachusetts does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Massachusetts does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Massachusetts does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Massachusetts does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Massachusetts does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ Massachusetts does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Massachusetts does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Massachusetts does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Massachusetts does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Massachusetts does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Massachusetts does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Massachusetts does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Massachusetts does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Monroe Bridge, MA ( 2.10 mi. )
- Florida, MA ( 3.34 mi. )
- Hoosac Tunnel, MA ( 3.72 mi. )
- Rowe, MA ( 3.90 mi. )
- Drury, MA ( 4.91 mi. )
- Readsboro, VT ( 5.29 mi. )
- Zoar, MA ( 5.49 mi. )
- N Adams, MA ( 5.66 mi. )
- No Adams, MA ( 5.66 mi. )
- Clarksburg, MA ( 6.41 mi. )
- Stamford, VT ( 6.64 mi. )
- Whitingham, VT ( 7.21 mi. )
- North Adams, MA ( 7.29 mi. )
- Heartwellville, VT ( 7.41 mi. )
- Charlemont, MA ( 8.25 mi. )
- Heath, MA ( 8.55 mi. )
- Savoy, MA ( 8.92 mi. )
- Adams, MA ( 9.56 mi. )
- Jacksonville, VT ( 9.77 mi. )
- Hawley, MA ( 10.26 mi. )
- Medburyville, VT ( 10.68 mi. )
- West Marlboro, VT ( 11.40 mi. )
- West Halifax, VT ( 11.63 mi. )
- Searsburg, VT ( 11.79 mi. )
- East Charlemont, MA ( 11.99 mi. )
- Woodford, VT ( 12.11 mi. )
- Wilmington, VT ( 12.26 mi. )
- South Pownal, VT ( 12.39 mi. )
- Pownal, VT ( 12.58 mi. )
- Williamstown, MA ( 12.74 mi. )
- Halifax, VT ( 12.75 mi. )
- Pownal Center, VT ( 13.17 mi. )
- Buckland, MA ( 13.39 mi. )
- West Hawley, MA ( 13.59 mi. )
- Colrain, MA ( 13.76 mi. )
- Harrisville, VT ( 13.77 mi. )
- Cheshire, MA ( 13.91 mi. )
- Shattuckville, MA ( 14.26 mi. )
- Plainfield, MA ( 14.44 mi. )
- Marlboro College, VT ( 14.54 mi. )
- Shelburne Falls, MA ( 14.55 mi. )
- New Ashford, MA ( 14.56 mi. )
- Windsor, MA ( 14.76 mi. )
- Williamstn, MA ( 14.78 mi. )
- Wmstown, MA ( 14.78 mi. )
- Baptist Corner, MA ( 14.93 mi. )
- Shelburne Fls, MA ( 14.93 mi. )
- North Pownal, VT ( 15.10 mi. )
- Bennington College, VT ( 15.20 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 01350
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 1807.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 413