About Hawley, MA
Hawley, MA is located in Franklin County in the state of Massachusetts.
The total City Population for Hawley is about 379 with about 5 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $251,225, which is roughly 45% lower than the Average Home Value of $457,636 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 14% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $70,625, which is roughly 29% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $99,229 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 8% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 2.32
Male Population Estimate: 49.9%
Female Population Estimate: 50.1%
Median Age: 56.5
Male Median Age: 46.3
Female Median Age: 47.7
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of Hawley specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Franklin County: About 0 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 0)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Franklin County: About 406.743 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Franklin County is about 100% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 29% higher than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for Hawley is about 0.6%.
Massachusetts is ranked #3 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 78.66
The average living wage for the state of Massachusetts is $34.72/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Massachusetts a minimum wage score of 88.49 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.55/hr, which gives Massachusetts a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 24.09 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Massachusetts is $320.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 94.88 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Massachusetts does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Massachusetts does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Massachusetts does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Massachusetts does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Massachusetts does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ Massachusetts does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Massachusetts does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Massachusetts does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Massachusetts does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Massachusetts does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Massachusetts does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Massachusetts does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Massachusetts does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- Charlemont, MA ( 4.36 mi. )
- West Hawley, MA ( 4.46 mi. )
- Plainfield, MA ( 4.71 mi. )
- Zoar, MA ( 4.84 mi. )
- Savoy, MA ( 5.80 mi. )
- Buckland, MA ( 6.04 mi. )
- East Charlemont, MA ( 6.47 mi. )
- Drury, MA ( 6.56 mi. )
- Ashfield, MA ( 6.77 mi. )
- West Cummington, MA ( 7.14 mi. )
- Hoosac Tunnel, MA ( 7.30 mi. )
- Rowe, MA ( 7.86 mi. )
- South Ashfield, MA ( 8.37 mi. )
- Shelburne Falls, MA ( 8.41 mi. )
- East Windsor, MA ( 8.42 mi. )
- Cummington, MA ( 8.44 mi. )
- Heath, MA ( 8.45 mi. )
- Windsor, MA ( 8.53 mi. )
- Florida, MA ( 8.57 mi. )
- Baptist Corner, MA ( 8.58 mi. )
- Shelburne Fls, MA ( 8.58 mi. )
- Lithia, MA ( 9.60 mi. )
- Monroe Bridge, MA ( 9.65 mi. )
- Shattuckville, MA ( 9.84 mi. )
- Monroe, MA ( 10.26 mi. )
- Goshen, MA ( 11.07 mi. )
- Adams, MA ( 11.17 mi. )
- Shelburne, MA ( 11.41 mi. )
- Conway, MA ( 11.48 mi. )
- Colrain, MA ( 11.79 mi. )
- N Adams, MA ( 11.97 mi. )
- No Adams, MA ( 11.97 mi. )
- S Chesterfield, MA ( 12.40 mi. )
- South Chesterfield, MA ( 12.40 mi. )
- Cheshire, MA ( 12.53 mi. )
- West Chesterfield, MA ( 12.66 mi. )
- North Adams, MA ( 12.69 mi. )
- Peru, MA ( 12.71 mi. )
- Worthington, MA ( 13.21 mi. )
- W Chesterfld, MA ( 13.75 mi. )
- Whitingham, VT ( 13.83 mi. )
- Chesterfield, MA ( 14.03 mi. )
- Clarksburg, MA ( 14.19 mi. )
- West Deerfield, MA ( 14.48 mi. )
- Dalton, MA ( 14.51 mi. )
- Mill River, MA ( 14.67 mi. )
- Hinsdale, MA ( 14.78 mi. )
- Readsboro, VT ( 15.14 mi. )
- Jacksonville, VT ( 15.34 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 01339
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 655.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 413