E Cambridge's Livability
About E Cambridge, MA
E Cambridge, MA is located in Middlesex County in the state of Massachusetts.
The total City Population for E Cambridge is about 11,910 with about 18,494 people per square mile.
The Average Home Value is $637,600, which is roughly 28% higher than the Average Home Value of $457,636 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 66% higher than the National Average of $217,072.
The Median Income Per Household is about $79,222, which is roughly 20% lower than the Average Median Income Per Household of $99,229 for the state of Massachusetts, and roughly 18% higher higher than the National Average of $65,026.
Demographic DetailsAverage # of People Per Household: 1.99
Male Population Estimate: 50.1%
Female Population Estimate: 49.9%
Median Age: 32.2
Male Median Age: 31.5
Female Median Age: 33.2
Racial Demographic Estimates
Voting Results by Party
NOTE: Crime is available at the County level so this doesn't necessarily represent the city of E Cambridge specifically.
Average # of Homicides for Middlesex County: About 0.898683 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Average # of Violent Crimes for Middlesex County: About 184.96 per 100,000 People
(last recorded in 2021)
Middlesex County is about 77% lower than the national average of about 4 homicides per 100,000 people, and about 36% lower than the national average of about 288 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
The Unemployment Rate for E Cambridge is about 3.7%.
Massachusetts is ranked #3 out of 52 for Best and Worst States to Work in America, with an overall score of 85.22 out of 100.
Wage PoliciesOverall Wage Policy Score: 78.66
The average living wage for the state of Massachusetts is $34.72/hr, while the states minimum wage is $13.50/hr, which can be set above the state standard, and is extended to farm workers. This gives Massachusetts a minimum wage score of 88.49 compared to all other states.
The minimum wage for tipped employees is $5.55/hr, which gives Massachusetts a minimum wage for tipped employees score of 24.09 compared to all other states.
The weekly unemployment (UI) benefit for Massachusetts is $320.00, resulting in a UI benefit score of 94.88 compared to all other states.
Worker Protection PoliciesOverall Worker Protection Score: 71.43
✓ Massachusetts does offer protections for workplace breastfeeding.
✓ Massachusetts does mandate equal pay across gender and race.
✓ Massachusetts does prohibit pay secrecy practices in the workplace.
✓ Massachusetts does restrict access to salary history to reduce gender and racial bias.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid family leave.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of paid sick leave.
X Massachusetts does not provide flexible scheduling of worker shifts.
✓ Massachusetts does not mandate pay reporting or "call-in" pay by employers.
X Massachusetts does not provide split shift pay regulation.
X Massachusetts does not provide workers advanced notice of shift scheduling.
✓ Massachusetts does provide some form of sexual harassment protection in state law.
✓ Massachusetts does extend workers compensation mandates to farmworkers.
✓ Massachusetts does not extend worker protections to domestic workers.
Right To Organize PoliciesOverall Right To Organize Score: 70
✓ Massachusetts does legalize project labor agreements to ensure a fair wage to workers on contract.
✓ Massachusetts does not protect workers against wage theft retaliation.
✓ Massachusetts does partially require collective bargaining for public workers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide collective bargaining for teachers.
✓ Massachusetts does provide wage negotiations for teachers.
A global organization that fights inequality to end poverty and injustice.
- East Cambridge, MA ( 0.00 mi. )
- Kendall Square, MA ( 0.53 mi. )
- Harvard Sq, MA ( 1.02 mi. )
- Harvard Square, MA ( 1.02 mi. )
- Cambridgeport, MA ( 1.12 mi. )
- Inman Square, MA ( 1.12 mi. )
- Charlestown, MA ( 1.16 mi. )
- E Somerville, MA ( 1.16 mi. )
- East Somerville, MA ( 1.16 mi. )
- North Waltham, MA ( 1.30 mi. )
- Readville, MA ( 1.30 mi. )
- Bank Of America, MA ( 1.31 mi. )
- Boston City Hall, MA ( 1.31 mi. )
- Cash Management, MA ( 1.31 mi. )
- Fidelity Service Company, MA ( 1.31 mi. )
- Fleet Bank Boston, MA ( 1.31 mi. )
- John Hancock P O Box 505, MA ( 1.31 mi. )
- Mass Tax, MA ( 1.31 mi. )
- Massachusetts Tax, MA ( 1.31 mi. )
- State Street Corporation, MA ( 1.31 mi. )
- Winter Hill, MA ( 1.58 mi. )
- Somerville, MA ( 1.77 mi. )
- Cambridge, MA ( 1.97 mi. )
- Boston University, MA ( 2.16 mi. )
- Kenmore, MA ( 2.16 mi. )
- Soldiers Field, MA ( 2.37 mi. )
- Allston, MA ( 2.60 mi. )
- New Town, MA ( 2.65 mi. )
- Roxbury Crossing, MA ( 2.72 mi. )
- Mission Hill, MA ( 2.72 mi. )
- Roxbury Xing, MA ( 2.72 mi. )
- Everett, MA ( 2.84 mi. )
- W Somerville, MA ( 3.00 mi. )
- West Somerville, MA ( 3.00 mi. )
- Chelsea, MA ( 3.04 mi. )
- Tufts Univ, MA ( 3.06 mi. )
- Tufts University, MA ( 3.06 mi. )
- Brookline Village, MA ( 3.15 mi. )
- N Cambridge, MA ( 3.17 mi. )
- North Cambridge, MA ( 3.17 mi. )
- Porter Square, MA ( 3.17 mi. )
- Roxbury, MA ( 3.26 mi. )
- South Boston, MA ( 3.28 mi. )
- S Boston, MA ( 3.28 mi. )
- East Boston, MA ( 3.34 mi. )
- Brookline Vlg, MA ( 3.34 mi. )
- E Boston, MA ( 3.34 mi. )
- Boston, MA ( 3.55 mi. )
- Medford, MA ( 3.94 mi. )
Additional Location DetailsZip Code(s): 02141
TimeZone: Eastern (GMT -05:00)
Daylight Saving: Yes
Average Elevation: 33.0 ft.
Area Code(s): 617, 781, 857, 978, 339